Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV2] Migrating from OS X?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm considering getting an AppleTV2 and jailbreaking with Seas0nPass.

How easy is it to migrate all settings from the OS X version (dharma) of XBMC, including library files, images, etc?

Will it work with a Harmony One Remote?

Will it work with the existing iPhone remotes?

Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere already. Just looking for a summary from those with experience doing this. Thanks.
If anyone who has attempted to migrate from OS X to an ATV2 could take a couple minutes to share your impressions, I'd appreciate it.
Assuming you want to have the library available on multiple devices...

Have a look at my post in the MySQL thread...

[AppleTV2] MySQL database / library support?
TheRealDL Wrote:Assuming you want to have the library available on multiple devices...

Interesting but hadn't considered that possibility. I'm just interested in migrating totally from a setup on a Mac to an ATV2 with as little pain and fuss as possible in terms of redoing settings, sharepoints, libraries, etc.
OK, well I finally took this plunge as my Mac laptop's video card now imploded for the second time in a few years.

Here's some of what I've found in the past few days:

• In my case, copying over most of my entire /userdata folder (from "~/Application Support/XBMC/" on Mac to "/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/" on ATV2) was successful. I chose to copy the following folders: add_on data, Database, Thumbnails, and the following file: RssFeeds.xml

• almost all of my content was on afp:// shares, but of course any content stored locally on the dead Mac was going to be invalid. So I copied it over to the Mac that serves most of the content, removed the items from the library, and re-added in the new location.

• I re-did all settings.

• Had to calibrate the video for the TV. I learned if you press Select after configuring the top-left then you can configure the bottom-right, which was not obvious. (RSS feeds had been cropped.)

• the remote "XMBC Commander for iPhone" app works as normal once you configure your network and the web server settings.

• RowMote (another iPhone remote control I sometimes used) can be made to work by installing either NitoTV (separately or via aTV Flash black).

• Severe limitations of the ATV2's handling of IR remote codes means that universal remotes have a very limited set of options. I posted about configuring a Harmony One here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1082288