Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sam and pin87 images links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I probably look like a fool for asking this, but where can I find the most recent images from Sam and pin87? All I seem to be able to find is the original post from last year with the links, and I've been crawling the forum for hours. I know this is technically a linux question, but I'm looking for it for my ATV1 (as I know many of you are using).

Any help at all would be appreciated!
mastersworded Wrote:Hi all,

I probably look like a fool for asking this, but where can I find the most recent images from Sam and pin87? All I seem to be able to find is the original post from last year with the links, and I've been crawling the forum for hours. I know this is technically a linux question, but I'm looking for it for my ATV1 (as I know many of you are using).

Any help at all would be appreciated!

There is no recent images.... the monster thread is still current.

Sam had sent out some links to a new beta image, but he's not finished development on it.

FWIW, there's nothing wrong with Pin87a's old image. Just update to Dharma as soon as you're done installing it...
Thanks Brock!

Has anyone put together some details on how to do the update? My SSH / Linux experience is probably a little lower than it should be, but I could hack my way through if I was pointe in the right direction.

(FYI - I've been trying with pin87s original image, un-updated, and am having some serious playback issues, which was why I was hoping for an updated image. Maybe updating to Dharma will fix that)

Thanks again for the help!
I have pins image running i im updated the image with these commands (SSH)

Updating XBMC:
Code:
#update XBMC to latest nightly for the first time, do this:
echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu hardy main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.org.list
echo "deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu hardy main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.org.list
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys CEC06767

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-qt3
sudo apt-get install xbmc
#if above 'install xbmc' doesn't complete, use "-f"
sudo apt-get install -f

#update XBMC going forward will only require this: if there is an update, it will ask if you want to install it
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
reboot

Updating CrystalHD:
Code:
sudo apt-get install subversion autoconf
svn checkout http://crystalhd-for-osx.googlecode.com/svn/tags/crystalhd-for-osx-3.8.0/
cd crystalhd-for-osx-3.8.0/crystalhd/linux_lib/libcrystalhd
make
sudo make install
cd ../../driver/linux
autoconf
./configure
make
sudo make install
sudo modprobe crystalhd
cd

Good Luck updating Smile
Two questions rider
1. Why do you need python-qt3?
2. I would recommend to checkout SVN revision 170 instead of 3.8.0 but not 174 because of DMA buffers
interceptor121 Wrote:Two questions rider
1. Why do you need python-qt3?
2. I would recommend to checkout SVN revision 170 instead of 3.8.0 but not 174 because of DMA buffers

1. wouldnt have a single clue, this script is floating around on the forum and it works. That's all what's important to me.
2. in linux (if im correct) you dont have to worry about the buffer, davilla tested and reverted back to 16 for r174. I updated and playing without problems for a long time now.
But you can compile also to the r170, check the monsterthread, its explained there how to compile for another revision.
I have the image and you don't need python actually the less things you install the better so you don't run out of space
Also I have version r170 built and I performs better than r174 at large on frame drops
It is not difficult to install either maybe 10 commands in total