Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering Issues:Fastpasstv/Icefilms/Other ad-ons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

Just wanted to say that I am totally amazed with xbmc and everything that comes with it..I have only been playing with it in my free time...

Also wanted to say that I have learned a lot from this forum just by reading all of the threads! I am fully amazed at how well everyone works together here..

I am still very much a n00bie @ this but am slowly learning.. Here are my specs

New macbook 10.6.5
Airport extreme with latest software 5 ghz band.
Newwork connection is decent 1 Mb down 500 or so up
Jailbroke [AppleTV2] with Greenposion latest version
I have ssh'd into my device put in a few ad-ons such as bluecop and some google tv

I am able to NAS..

What I am having issues with is that on some of the ad-ons there is an extreme amount of buffering...Fastpasstv/Icefilms mainly..On xbmc

Is there some settings i can adjust or some suggest path i can take for the buffering to slow down?

TIA!

Ed
well I put a hardwire straight from the airport express>ATV2...working better

but still having problems with streaming in 720.....

anyone have this similar problem?
What is your bandwidth? You might consider a site such as speedster.net to find out. Note that, for 720P streaming, a sustained 6 Mbps connection is about the min requirement.
My bandwidth is like 17Mbps down and 2.54 up..

Would port fowarding help me?

check out my screen shot...

What else could I be doing wrong?

When I bit torrent I only get about 1 mb down and 500 kb up.

hmmm.
Anyone here come across any patches yet?
Bit torrent is dependent on the health of the particular swarm, and many other unique factors. Not really a reliable indicator of your typical download speed. With your network now wired, what are your symptoms when streaming HD?
Are you buffering 720P, or stuttering/dropping frames?