Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That explains it. Thanks ronie. I guess I can live with it the way it is or change skins. BTW, is there a way to reinstall confluence without reinstalling XBMC? Thanks again for your help.
Update - I have since changed to Transparency and luv it. Although not as snappy as Confluence it makes up for it in the weather animations and other eye candy. Thanks for the hard work.
This addon works really well on all my Windows vista and Xbmclive 10.1 with T! 3.11.5, but have notice 1 issue with the weather alert.

When you have it set to display weather alerts, the timer is dimmed and unchangeable. But when you set the alerts to "off" (no weather alerts) then the timer can be changed.

Work around is to turn them "off" the alerts and then select the time. And then turn the alerts back "on" and it will use the dimmed amount of time to display the alert.

Just wanted to let you know.

copied from : Transparency! v3.11.5 now available! thread posted by me earlier today
Hallo,

It is possible to add to have weather description, when using alternative provider (accuweather.com) in language different than English ?

I checked this on accuweather.com website and it is possible to have weather description on this website in other language than English (for me it is polish). I must point out that I for my propose translated all xml from Weather.com+ plug-in files from English to Polish. It works for perfectly, but weather description is still in English

I do not have any experience in programming, that I would like to ask if it possible to implement such function into weather+ plug-in?

Smile
superbaton Wrote:Hallo,

It is possible to add to have weather description, when using alternative provider (accuweather.com) in language different than English ?

I checked this on accuweather.com website and it is possible to have weather description on this website in other language than English (for me it is polish). I must point out that I for my propose translated all xml from Weather.com+ plug-in files from English to Polish. It works for perfectly, but weather description is still in English

I do not have any experience in programming, that I would like to ask if it possible to implement such function into weather+ plug-in?

Smile

I know that accuweather.com is providing weather informations in various languages, but it was somewhat difficult for me to implement, so I postponed it. But I'll try it again after adding the provider, NOAA.

Thanks for using this addon! Laugh
I just have to get this off my back coming from a skinning point of view but this really is the most convoluted thing out there to try and add to a skin and would be so much better the way it used to be as a script with its own windows and not a plugin
Jezz_X Wrote:I just have to get this off my back coming from a skinning point of view but this really is the most convoluted thing out there to try and add to a skin and would be so much better the way it used to be as a script with its own windows and not a plugin

hmm, not sure what issues you're running into?

my best guess is you had a look at Nuka's mod for Confluence?
that one scared the heck out of me too.

if that's the case, just leave that one be and start fresh.
it's really just as easy as skinning the regular weather page,
you just have a lot more infolabels to play with.
Heh yeah he made a mess of that and I have started from scratch with a different design and about half done don't think I'm going to bother with the "Alerts" section though

BTW this addon has no Icon.png on my install maybe you could add one at some point to make it a proper addon Smile
Jezz_X Wrote:BTW this addon has no Icon.png on my install maybe you could add one at some point to make it a proper addon Smile

Yes, this addon has no Icon.png.
This addon is just supposed to provide a lot more infolabels for skinners to make their own weather screen more powerful, and there are many skins that already have great weather icons. Nod

Anyway, thanks for using this addon! Laugh
brightsr Wrote:Yes, this addon has no Icon.png.

check:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...opement%29
brightsr Wrote:Yes, this addon has no Icon.png.
This addon is just supposed to provide a lot more infolabels for skinners to make their own weather screen more powerful, and there are many skins that already have great weather icons. Nod

Anyway, thanks for using this addon! Laugh

you could always use the default one and add a + sign on it
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...n/icon.png
ronie Wrote:check:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...opement%29

Oh! I thought the Icon.png meant weather icons. Sad
Sorry for that, Jezz_X! and thanks ronie! Wink
Jezz_X Wrote:you could always use the default one and add a + sign on it
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...n/icon.png

Thanks! I'll try. Wink
Jezz_X: The only weather alerts I'd like in XBMC are severe weather "Warnings" (not watches or advisorys, they get a little old and repeatative) that pop up during playback (which of course some would hate, so it would need to have a toggle) But we've had an rough spring here weather wise, and I've found myself watching movies and having to pause every now and then to switch over to the weather station to see if the next big storm is getting close, or if there are any tornado warnings issued for my area.

Who knows, something like that could actually save a life.
joebrady Wrote:Jezz_X: The only weather alerts I'd like in XBMC are severe weather "Warnings" (not watches or advisorys, they get a little old and repeatative)
you may choose "Red Only" option at Settings->Weather Alerts Notification.