Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks brightsr! Dunno what magics you did behind the scenes there, but it worked perfectly.
Seems the magics have worn off Sad Been getting script failed errors again after I closed XBMC and restarted it. No matter what I've tried it still errors out. Last attempt I installed a fresh clean instance of the latest nightly (7/20/11). Nothing else installed using Confluence and this is what comes up in the log on trying to fetch the information.

Code:
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068856832   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068856832   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068586496   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 41, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 99, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_36_forecast()
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 370, in _fetch_36_forecast
                                                alerts, alertsrss, alertsnotify, alertscolor, alertscount, forecasts, extras, video, video_local = self.WeatherClient.fetch_36_forecast( self.WEATHER_WINDOW.getProperty( "Video" ) )
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 1960, in fetch_36_forecast
                                                video, video_local = self._create_video( parser.video_location, parser.video_local_location, parser.video_local_number, video )
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 2106, in _create_video
                                                local_url = self.BASE_VIDEO_URL % ( local_location[0].replace(" ", "").lower(), )
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

Full log here: http://pastebin.com/dcnEiLCu

Thanks again
brightsr Wrote:[UPDATED] v.2.2.1

- Fixed : Sunrise Time Bug of Weather.com 36 Hour Forecast
Running 2.2.3 and my system is still showing the sunrise time an hour earlier than the other views.
Rygrath Wrote:Seems the magics have worn off Sad Been getting script failed errors again after I closed XBMC and restarted it. No matter what I've tried it still errors out. Last attempt I installed a fresh clean instance of the latest nightly (7/20/11). Nothing else installed using Confluence and this is what comes up in the log on trying to fetch the information.

Code:
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068856832   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068856832   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
17:23:24 T:6768 M:2068586496   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 41, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 99, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_36_forecast()
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 370, in _fetch_36_forecast
                                                alerts, alertsrss, alertsnotify, alertscolor, alertscount, forecasts, extras, video, video_local = self.WeatherClient.fetch_36_forecast( self.WEATHER_WINDOW.getProperty( "Video" ) )
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 1960, in fetch_36_forecast
                                                video, video_local = self._create_video( parser.video_location, parser.video_local_location, parser.video_local_number, video )
                                              File "E:\Nightlies\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 2106, in _create_video
                                                local_url = self.BASE_VIDEO_URL % ( local_location[0].replace(" ", "").lower(), )
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

Full log here: http://pastebin.com/dcnEiLCu

Thanks again

When I tested your location (93535) in the early morning, weather.com didn't work properly, which made a script error.
As for now (EST 11:00 AM), It's working perfectly on your location.
barcoboy Wrote:Running 2.2.3 and my system is still showing the sunrise time an hour earlier than the other views.

[UPDATED] v.2.2.4

- Fixed : Sunrise and Sunset Time Bug of Weather.com
When switching to Dutch language, the 10 day forecast gives N/A. Switching back to English, everything is OK. Did I miss a file somewhere? Or is it the Confluence skin, when setting to Dutch I can't select 'Region' anymore in the settings?
moosev Wrote:When switching to Dutch language, the 10 day forecast gives N/A. Switching back to English, everything is OK. Did I miss a file somewhere? Or is it the Confluence skin, when setting to Dutch I can't select 'Region' anymore in the settings?

Do you mean Accuweather.com language or xbmc's language?
And please let me review your log file.
brightsr Wrote:Do you mean Accuweather.com language or xbmc's language?
And please let me review your log file.

It's Xbmc's language.
moosev Wrote:It's Xbmc's language.

Can you post your log?
brightsr Wrote:Can you post your log?

I think it is the babelfish translation what's causing the N/A 's.
(turnig off this feature shows the english text)

(still working on how to post the log files)
moosev Wrote:I think it is the babelfish translation what's causing the N/A 's.
(turnig off this feature shows the english text)

(still working on how to post the log files)

Oh, yes. I tested other langauges, Babelfish is causing the problem. I'll try to fix it.

Anyway, your log file always help me to find a problem.
[UPDATED] v.2.2.5

- Fixed : Babelfish Translation Bug of 10 Day Forecast
brightsr Wrote:[UPDATED] v.2.2.5

- Fixed : Babelfish Translation Bug of 10 Day Forecast

Super! That was really fast! Thanks.
how does my location need to be set up if I want to use NOAA as my provider?
brightsr Wrote:When I tested your location (93535) in the early morning, weather.com didn't work properly, which made a script error.
As for now (EST 11:00 AM), It's working perfectly on your location.

Man, Weather.com is biased against us High Desert people Sad

In seriousness though, I just spent the last 20minutes trying out different cities in the US. Almost every one of them caused a script failed error except New York and Arlington West Virginia. Denver, Dallas, Orlando, Los Angeles, Knoxville, etc caused script errors.

Then I tried outside the US and all of them worked just fine, from London, Hong Kong, Sydney, Calgary, etc. I'd post a log, but it's generally the same error messages that I posted before.

I'll keep messing with it, but thought I'd share what I've run into.