Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ThunderHawk4784 Wrote:I believe if the local video isn't available it should default back to the regional video.

If local video is unavailable, it won't show video.
So please select regional video at addon's settings.
Disregard--->Something must have happened with the accuweather site, I'm coming up with an error after months of it working fine.

I guess I jumped the gun... working again. Thanks...
brightsr Wrote:If local video is unavailable, it won't show video.
So please select regional video at addon's settings.

The problem is that it isn't showing local video even when there is one available. I live near Milwaukee, WI so there is almost always a local video available on Weather.com. The plug in isn't recognizing that there is a video available for some reason. I understand that there probably won't be local video at night or on weekends, but all week long during the day there is local video available for my area. Something you may want to look into.
Hi, Smile

I've been using weather plus for months now no problem until, I don't now for shore lets say a week ago when I lost satellite feed. I am from croatia so I usually take Italy satellite but it seams now I cant even chose one, tried uninstalling ad changing settings around but nothing happened.

I am on Win7 64 with Dharma running.

here is my debug log
ThunderHawk4784 Wrote:The problem is that it isn't showing local video even when there is one available. I live near Milwaukee, WI so there is almost always a local video available on Weather.com. The plug in isn't recognizing that there is a video available for some reason. I understand that there probably won't be local video at night or on weekends, but all week long during the day there is local video available for my area. Something you may want to look into.

Okay, I understood. I'll check it up and try to fix it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT : I used the most popular video tap on the local weather page of weather.com in order to fetch proper local forecast video of the nearest city. But it can't be used now because there's no local video link in the most popular video tap. I think the only possible solution is to make an option to select a major city for a local video.
Burke Wrote:Hi, Smile

I've been using weather plus for months now no problem until, I don't now for shore lets say a week ago when I lost satellite feed. I am from croatia so I usually take Italy satellite but it seams now I cant even chose one, tried uninstalling ad changing settings around but nothing happened.

I am on Win7 64 with Dharma running.

here is my debug log

According to your log, you're using Accuweather.com as a provider.
It's not providing any videos or maps.
I got some error on retrieve weather for my town, because of some special character on the region name : grenoble, rhône alpe.

how can i fix that ?
brightsr Wrote:Okay, I understood. I'll check it up and try to fix it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT : I used the most popular video tap on the local weather page of weather.com in order to fetch proper local forecast video of the nearest city. But it can't be used now because there's no local video link in the most popular video tap. I think the only possible solution is to make an option to select a major city for a local video.

Thanks for looking into it. I almost have to Google 'Milwaukee 60 Second forecast' in order to find the video on Weather.com, its that hard to find.
francxk Wrote:I got some error on retrieve weather for my town, because of some special character on the region name : grenoble, rhône alpe.

how can i fix that ?

What I see:
in accu_fetch_hourly_forecast method htmlSource_3 does not contains the grenoble forecasts, i think that is due to special character "ô",

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/fr/rhôn...ourly.aspx works perfectly but it not the case in the python code.
francxk Wrote:What I see:
in accu_fetch_hourly_forecast method htmlSource_3 does not contains the grenoble forecasts, i think that is due to special character "ô",

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/fr/rhôn...ourly.aspx works perfectly but it not the case in the python code.

I'm going to check about it. but it'll be next week because I'm really busy this week.
Hi all,

Need some help here.

I'm running XBMC (Dharma) on OpenElec with Confluence skin and trying to get this add-on working but i'm unable to find the location to replace files as instructed in startpost.

Thanks in advance.
Anyone else starting to get errors with this on the latest nightlies again ?
Quote:10:16:21 T:352 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Fetching URL : http://www.weather.com/weather/local/ASXX0075?
10:16:21 T:352 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
10:16:21 T:352 ERROR: Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects
10:16:21 T:352 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\XBMC Dev\XBMC_New\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 41, in <module>
Main()
File "D:\XBMC Dev\XBMC_New\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 112, in __init__
self._fetch_36_forecast()
File "D:\XBMC Dev\XBMC_New\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\xbmcplugin_weather.py", line 387, in _fetch_36_forecast
alerts, alertsrss, alertsnotify, alertscolor, alertscount, forecasts, extras, video, video_local = self.WeatherClient.fetch_36_forecast( self.WEATHER_WINDOW.getProperty( "Video" ) )
File "D:\XBMC Dev\XBMC_New\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 1984, in fetch_36_forecast
video, video_local = self._create_video( parser.video_location, parser.video_local_location, parser.video_local_number, video )
File "D:\XBMC Dev\XBMC_New\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\WeatherClient.py", line 2089, in _create_video
print "[Weather Plus] Video Location : " + location
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'list' objects
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Weather Underground has an API for their data...info on it is here: http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/API_-_XML

The TOS says no mobile apps or commercial usage, but I think XBMC falls outside that scope.

Might be a good option for provider in addition to Accuweather and NOAA.
I'm having the "video weather outlook" grayed out problem again. However, it is on a new XBMC machine i'm building. I looked at the settings.xml file and as you can see the

<setting id="video_type" value="0" />

value is at "0" not "1". Changing it to 0 fixed my problem before.

It was working when I first installed the plugin. The only thing I can think of is that I installed the small weather map icons and that maybe broke it. I just don't know.

Any ideas? Here is the pastebin of the settings.xml

http://pastebin.com/WqD1AdL9
Weather Alert seems to be phrasing wrong.