Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Weather Plus Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
simplechords Wrote:hello, i was wondering if it was possible so that this addon would update the weather forecast at start up

nope, that's not something the addon can do.
it has to be taken care of by the skin.

if the skin uses any of the $INFO[Weather.*] infolabels on the homescreen,
it will trigger xbmc to run the addon.

otherwise, weather info won't be fetched until you enter the weather screen.
ronie Wrote:nope, that's not something the addon can do.
if the skin uses any of the $INFO[Weather.*] infolabels on the homescreen,
it will trigger xbmc to run the addon.

I've been working along side simplechords on the same issue and found a resolution. We both run Neon on Dharma and the existing code for updating the weather in Startup.xml was not updating the weather through the label $INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.Condition)]. However, looking through old posts IRT weather not updating, I changed the label to $INFO[Weather.Conditions] and it works perfectly in Dharma.

What confuses me is that on the wiki for Weather Plus, it mentions that Weather.Conditions is no longer available. Is the Weather.Conditions property not going to be available going forward into Eden?
I have been a fan of the Weather Plus addon since Darma. I have just upgraded to Eden Pre Beta and installed the new Weather Plus. I see that the skin/page format has changed. My wife really like the "All on one page" format as it was in Darma. Is there a way to get that format back?

She doesn't like changing items to view by the "slide out" controls.
mrfatboy Wrote:I have been a fan of the Weather Plus addon since Darma. I have just upgraded to Eden Pre Beta and installed the new Weather Plus. I see that the skin/page format has changed. My wife really like the "All on one page" format as it was in Darma. Is there a way to get that format back?

She doesn't like changing items to view by the "slide out" controls.

It's a change of Confluence, not of Weather Plus. If anybody needs, I can make a mod for Eden's Confluence after stable Eden is officially released.
Kaysauce Wrote:What confuses me is that on the wiki for Weather Plus, it mentions that Weather.Conditions is no longer available. Is the Weather.Conditions property not going to be available going forward into Eden?

Weather.Conditions is accessible only by built-in weather of Dharma, so it's useless since the built-in one doesn't work anymore. But as you did, I think that property could trigger xbmc to run weather addon.
brightsr Wrote:It's a change of Confluence, not of Weather Plus. If anybody needs, I can make a mod for Eden's Confluence after stable Eden is officially released.

That would be awesome! Big Grin My wife and elderly parents (who love your addon) thank you very much.

Does anybody know when the target data is for Eden stable release?
I think something may have just changed with accuweather in the last hour. I just relauched XBMC and got a script error with Weather Plus. The accuweather web site is still up and reporting properly, and if I chance to NOAA everything works fine. Here's the chuck on log I think will help. I can post a full and/or debug log on pastepin if needed.
Code:
11:51:55 T:1584 M:2052415488  NOTICE: [PLUGIN] 'Weather Plus: Version - 2.8.1' initialized!
11:51:56 T:1584 M:2053394432  NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Location : 1
11:51:56 T:1584 M:2053304320  NOTICE: [Weather Plus] _fetch_data : Fetching http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/us/ny/whitesboro/hourly.aspx?cityid=2146393
11:51:57 T:1584 M:2053173248  NOTICE: [Weather Plus] _fetch_data : Finishing http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/us/ny/whitesboro/hourly.aspx?cityid=2146393 (Elapsed Time : 0.905915 sec.)
11:51:57 T:1584 M:2053173248   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.IndexError
11:51:57 T:1584 M:2053173248   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
11:51:57 T:1584 M:2053062656   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 21, in ?
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\main.py", line 45, in __init__
                                                self._get_client()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\main.py", line 292, in _get_client
                                                self.WeatherClient = WeatherClient.WeatherClient( self.areacode, self.settings[ "translate" ], self.settings[ "accu_translate" ] )
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\resources\lib\accuweather.py", line 79, in __init__
                                                self._set_urls()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.weatherplus\resources\lib\accuweather.py", line 91, in _set_urls
                                                self.urls = [ self.BASE_FORECAST_URL % ( addr, "quick-look", cityID ),
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
11:52:11 T:5208 M:2075709440  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
yup... i'm getting errors, too. with accuweather.com
NOAA still works.

here's my pastebin:http://pastebin.com/9PN7qpLq
just to pile on.... me too.

18:29:09 T:4004 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:29:09 T:4004 NOTICE: [PLUGIN] 'Weather Plus: Version - 3.0.1' initialized!
18:29:09 T:4004 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] Location Index : 1
18:29:09 T:4004 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] _fetch_data : Fetching http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/us/az/c...yid=326856
18:29:10 T:4004 NOTICE: [Weather Plus] _fetch_data : Finishing http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/us/az/c...yid=326856 (Elapsed Time : 0.953340 sec.)
18:29:10 T:4004 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
18:29:10 T:4004 ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
18:29:10 T:4004 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\default.py", line 21, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\main.py", line 43, in __init__
self._get_client()
File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\main.py", line 292, in _get_client
self.WeatherClient = WeatherClient.WeatherClient( self.areacode, self.settings[ "translate" ], self.settings[ "accu_translate" ] )
File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\resources\lib\accuweather.py", line 79, in __init__
self._set_urls()
File "C:\Users\ha\Documents\XBMC\portable_data\addons\weather.weatherplus\resources\lib\accuweather.py", line 101, in _set_urls
self.BASE_FORECAST_URL % ( addr, "hourly"+date[1], cityID ),
IndexError: list index out of range
I didnt make a log yet but i get errors every few minutes aswell since yesterday (im using accuweather).
very a small error on string id 32712 :

should replace <string id="32712">Frehch</string>
by : <string id="32712">French</string>
Same problem here with accuweather, same error in the log... maybe they changed something in the web pages...
Same problem here with accuweather, on Dharma 10.1

Was working perfect up untill a couple of days ago.

Clansman
Sorry all users having issues. I've been busy so I think I'll be able to work again a few days later. Thanks for using this addon and waiting the next update.
brightsr Wrote:Sorry all users having issues. I've been busy so I think I'll be able to work again a few days later. Thanks for using this addon and waiting the next update.

No need to apologise m8 you are doing this amazing work with the spare time you have available.

Thanks for looking into this!