Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV1] is CHD 012 card fine or should I do 015 upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an AppleTV 1 that has been collecting dust for the past 2 years. I picked up a few Crystal HD BCM970012 cards about a year ago when they were $22 each but I never got around to installing one in my AppleTV.

Now that XBMC has matured enough to properly support CHD acceleration, I am ready to do the upgrade. I am just wondering everyone's opinion on whether it's worth spending the extra money to upgrade to the BCM970015. I don't plan on using the AppleTV too much..maybe a couple hours every weekend tops. I read about some people having heat issues so I got a bit concerened.

Thanks! Smile
You already have a card, considering they have ramped up in price quite a lot I would put into your ATV and seem how you get on
I have a 70012 card and report is as follows
OSX plays 720p OK with r156 and Dharma beta2
Ubuntu pin87a image plays 720p and 1080p with r170 and Dharma final

If you are just after 720p there is definitely no need to look at anything else you have the needed tools

For 1080p the 70015 card would be a better option assuming you can be bothered installing Ubuntu
the 12 card will do prefect Smile
Thanks for the advice! Looks like I'll stick with the 012 card! Smile