Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVD menu problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several DVDs containing home movies that I have ripped to my NAS with DVDshrink. The DVDs play correctly, including menus, when I play them back in Windows Media Player on my XBMC box.

These DVDs all have a single menu page, which has with multiple chapter selection titles on it. In xbmc, I can navigate correctly in the menu page, but when I select one of the chapters, the audio plays properly, but the video is frozen displaying the menu page (although the title text has been removed from the frozen menu page). On the menu page, if I press the skip forward key instead of pressing select on one of the titles, the video will play starting at chapter 1, but the video is overlaid with the chapter titles text from the menu page.

Before I post a bug report, I thought I would try posting here. I am running XBMC stable release 10.0, Windows7, nVidia ion with newest drivers from nVidia.

2/28: Opened bug ticket here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11271
This has been confirmed as a bug, and is scheduled to be fixed in 11.0 Meantime here is a workaround:

System / Video / Playback
For Render Method, click on either arrow and select "Software"

The default Render Method setting of "auto detect" results in "pixel shaders" being selected. The bug is in the "pixel shaders" method. For more details, see the ticket link in the previous post.
IS there an equivalent of the MENU button on the remote control - to go to the DVD menu?
Also, is there a PREV/NEXT button for chapters?
sjw1 Wrote:IS there an equivalent of the MENU button on the remote control - to go to the DVD menu?
Also, is there a PREV/NEXT button for chapters?

next is xbmc action SkipNext
previous is xbmc action SkipPrevious
DVD menu is xbmc action OSD

you can map your remote control buttons in keymap.xml:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml
So in a VIDEO_TS or ISO playback, on a keyboard:
full stop - NEXT
comma - PREV
M - back to DVD menu
?
No, full stop or comma don't do PREV/NEXT in DVD/ISO's. Sad
Is there a way to go fwd/back a chapter using a keyboard?