Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux-ATV]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

After the disappointing performances on 720p and 1080p videos on the ATV with CrystalHD I have decided to try the minimal Ubuntu by Pin87a on a USB stick.

Everything went fine and XBMC starts from the USB stick in Ubuntu without problems. Also the CrystalHD is properly recognised and shown in the system menu.

I have two problems.

The first problem is that, considering my poor knowledge on Unix, I do not know how to access in XBMC the media file present in my ATV internal HD.

The second problem is that for using the USB stick I had to unplug the USB 1TB HD that was connected to the ATV. I have tried with an USB splitter but does not work (does not see the UBS stick and the ATV boots in OSX).

Any advice ?
Apologise for the missing title. I please the mod to update.

Thanks
thiago Wrote:The second problem is that for using the USB stick I had to unplug the USB 1TB HD that was connected to the ATV. I have tried with an USB splitter but does not work (does not see the UBS stick and the ATV boots in OSX).

This I know - most reliable solution for multiple USB devices is to use a "powered" USB hub: a USB hub which has it's own power supply. I hope it will work first time. If it doesn't, you'll need to do some troubleshooting (hint: your big USB drive might be sdb and your USB key sdc).

Let us know how you get on.