Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] XBMC, unRAID and NFS...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not really sure if this is an XBMC issue or an unRAID issue so I plan on posting in both forums...

I am running the latest beta of unRAID (v5.0 b6) and the latest veersion of XBMC. I have found that NFS is a MUCH better protocol than SMB...especially while trying to stream Blu-Ray rips over gigabit. So naturally I have my "Movies" unRAID share mounted to /media/Movies in XBMC using NFS. Everything works great with one exception...

...if I add a new movie to the share and tell XBMC to "Update Library", the new movie is not added. XBMC acts as if no new movies have been found. Even if I turn off Library mode and look directrly at the source directory (/media/Movies), I still cannot see the new file. The only way I am able to see it is if I reboot my XBMC box. It is almost as if XBMC is only looking at a cached directory listing.

One note...I am currently using Wake-On-USB to power on (more wake up) my XBMC box. Could this be a factor? I kinda ruled it out since I am still able to see and play movies without the need for a reboot (i.e. XBMC does not lose connection to the Movies share).

Like I said, I plan on posting the same in the unRAID forums but I know there are quite a few people here that use the XBMC/unRAID combo. The x-factor however is NFS.

TIA,

John
I'm using 4.5 on unraid, and I haven't experienced an issue like yours. Is your unraid share using a cache drive?
Glave Wrote:I'm using 4.5 on unraid, and I haven't experienced an issue like yours. Is your unraid share using a cache drive?

Nope. Parity and data disks only.
Anyone else care to chime in? Smile

Some more info...this is how I am mounting the NFS shares via the rc.local file in XBMC:

mount -t nfs 192.168.1.2:/mnt/user/Movies /media/Movies
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.2:/mnt/user/TV /media/TV
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.2:/mnt/user/Pictures /media/Pictures
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.2:/mnt/user/Music /media/Music
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.2:/mnt/user/Videos /media/Videos

Does this look OK? Is there a better way of doing it?

John
Mount at startup

NFS mounts can either be automatically mounted when accessed using autofs or can be setup with static mounts using entries in /etc/fstab. Both are explained below.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpNFSHowTo

I'd recommend /etc/fstab it basically is a one liner.
johnodon Wrote:Does this look OK? Is there a better way of doing it?

/etc/fstab:
Code:
# NAS NFS
192.168.1.2:/mnt/user /mnt/nfs nfs rw,proto=tcp,nolock,noatime 0 0

rc.local:
Code:
# Mount Bindings
if [ -e /mnt/nfs/music ]; then mount -o bind /mnt/nfs/music /media/music ; fi
if [ -e /mnt/nfs/movies ]; then mount -o bind /mnt/nfs/movies /media/movies ; fi

Don't know if it makes difference, but you could just bind directories after one nfs mount.