Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best Remote for Everything?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Looking for a good remote for XBMC that will also control my TV, Fios box, Av Reciever, etc. I basically want to take the 4 controllers that I have now and make them into 1. Also, what kind of ir dongle do I need for my HTPC so that it will be able to be controlled by <insert recommendation here> control?

Thanks!
Just one word. Harmony.
Its pricey but you get what you pay for.
Second on the Harmony. I have a Harmony One and absolutely adore it. I'd have to use half a dozen remotes without it.
htpc guy Wrote:Just one word. Harmony.
Its pricey but you get what you pay for.

Thanks, I'll look into it some more. When I did do a search, I came across many different Logitech remotes, do you recommend a specific one?
Harmony One. Awesome remote!
I've heard great things about the Harmony One. Sadly, I don't have one. I have a Harmony 550 which does everything I need rather well. Its just not as flashy. Also its a bit tricky to get a 550. Amazon still sells them but they are still pricey. At the retail price its actually better to go with the One. Sometimes they run a deal. I got mine for 50 bucks but it was a Black Friday deal so I don't think you want to wait that long. Ebay may be a good place to check.
harmony one all the way....I had a harmony 880 (wife dropped it too much) prior to the 'one' Logitech makes great remotes.
I'd also recommend a One. I got mine for fairly cheap thanks to some Amazon credit, so that definitely helped. I love the charging cradle it comes with. Not only do I always know where it is, but I never have to worry about batteries!
Harmony 650. Best bang for the buck. Half the price of the Harmony One
Yeah I just got a Harmony 650 and for the price it's amazingly good - with a bit of custom tweaking (very easy on Openelec) - it is really all you need in a day to day remote...and if I want anything fancy and GUI (although I fail to see the point next to my 50" plasma) - I can just use my iPhone.
I have a Harmony 650 remote and I really like it. I am using an IR reciever from an old HP media center pc so that I can interface the remote with the pc. Good luck!
What do you guys think of the 610, I can get that one for about $47 including shipping. Get that or splurge for the 650?
Has anyone had the chance to compare the lag between 650 and One? It was unbearable with One, no matter what i did, so i ended up selling it.
toiva Wrote:Has anyone had the chance to compare the lag between 650 and One? It was unbearable with One, no matter what i did, so i ended up selling it.

you understand you can tweak all of those settings? you can tweak timings, delays, repeats...
masteroc Wrote:Looking for a good remote for XBMC that will also control my TV, Fios box, Av Reciever, etc. I basically want to take the 4 controllers that I have now and make them into 1. Also, what kind of ir dongle do I need for my HTPC so that it will be able to be controlled by <insert recommendation here> control?

Thanks!

Not sure if it was mentioned but Harmony remote is what you need. Get an MCE remote IR receiver such as the one by HP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4