Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can XBMC be connected to a sony tv?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all Smile

I almost just downloaded XBMC, so i don't know much about it, so i need some help. I want to know if it can be connected to my sony tv?Oo it has Wifi.
Plz help me.. Smile
Well you need a computer/ATV as a client which you would connect to your TV via a video input.
The easiest way is to run XBMC on your computer then connect your computer's DVI output to an HDMI connection on your TV, so you're using the TV as the computers display. Some computers have an HDMI connection so you don't even need a DVI to HDMI adapter. Many of us have bought a small PC (commonly known as HTPCs) like a Revo 3700 that we connect to the TV and only use for running XBMC.

Alternatively, if your TV supports DLNA it may be able to play videos from your PC through the network.

JR
XBMC does not connect to TVs. You run XBMC on top of hardware which connects to your TV.

Ensure the hardware is capable of connecting to your TV. What model is the TV... I assume you can use HDMI!