Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Subtitles/captions in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a newby to XBMC and I have hearing problems, so it is really helpful for me to have captions or subtitles, I am running XBMC Dharma, on Windows 7 and was wondering is there any info on how to setup captioning/subtitles on xbmc, I have have the plugin for opensubtitles.org installed and enabled but it does not do anything when I play movies and/or tv shows, prolly something simple but I am unable to figure it ou Sad
Subtitles are supplied in a separate file. Normally this has the same name as the video file but ends in .srt. If a subtitle file exists XBMC will find it automatically. Some videos, usually only videos in .mkv format, have the .srt file integrated into the .mkv so you don't need a separate .srt file.

I've never used the subtitle add-on, but I think it's a tool for finding and download subtitle files.

You can tell XBMC whether to play any subtitle files it finds. I think the default is that it does display subtitles. To change the setting press M on the keyboard when a video is playing and this will display the OSD. The second button in from the top left is "Audio and subtitle settings".

JR