Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable the way xbmc stores the way i navigate through menu's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i just want to know if someone has managed to disable the way xbmc stores the way u navigate through menu's. I don't want to enter the last visited item after navigating from the main menu.

any help would be greatly appreciated !
Nobody ? Sad
It depends on what you mean by "item".

XBMC will always remember where you went, as that's the behaviour that the vast majority of users want.

There's an advancedsettings.xml flag (see the wiki, or AdvancedSettings.cpp in the sources) that may alter some of this behaviour.

If you just want XBMC to always default to the library root (or files root or a particular folder) when clicking on an item on the Home menu, then that can be done in the skin - check and remove the return parameter from the ActivateWindow call.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Yes, that's exactly what i want. "check and remove the return parameter from the ActivateWindow call" I don't really know where to look for that but i will try my best.
Thanks a lot for ur time !
Even though I added the option to Alaska Revisited it would be nice to have this handled by an XBMC setting.
so, i ve tried to remove all the return i could find in the file home.xml located in xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p. It has partially worked. For instance, in the music menu, the item artists, albums, etc. always shows the root folder. Unfortunately, the library item still show the last visited folder...same thing when i click on the main menu music...Am i missing something ?

hitcher> i ve tried ur skin but i experience a bug : the cursor doesn't show well. Should i post a new thread about that ?

i forgot : xbmc dharma, ubuntu maverick