Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC]Mac Mini with Apple TV Specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

As I understand it, the AppleTV has 256 MB of RAM and a 1 GHz Processor and does a stellar job at 720p with XBMC. I have one and am very happy with it.

Now what if I had a Mac Mini with those exact specs? The XBMC for MAC specs tell me I need better hardware. But what if there was a way to install the XBMC for AppleTV onto the MAC Mini with similar specs. Surely if that were possible then it would work as well?
rashid420 Wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question.

As I understand it, the AppleTV has 256 MB of RAM and a 1 GHz Processor and does a stellar job at 720p with XBMC. I have one and am very happy with it.

Now what if I had a Mac Mini with those exact specs? The XBMC for MAC specs tell me I need better hardware. But what if there was a way to install the XBMC for AppleTV onto the MAC Mini with similar specs. Surely if that were possible then it would work as well?

No Smile

Maybe you should mention the exact details of your MacMini.
davilla Wrote:No Smile

Maybe you should mention the exact details of your MacMini.

Err...I did. 1.25 Ghz CPU, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB HD. It has a DVI Out and a headphone jack.
rashid420 Wrote:Err...I did. 1.25 Ghz CPU, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB HD. It has a DVI Out and a headphone jack.

You forgot the most important part, it's a ppc MacMini Smile

XBMC for AppleTV is x86 and XBMC for AppleTV2 is arm. Those will not run on a ppc based box.
davilla Wrote:You forgot the most important part, it's a ppc MacMini Smile

XBMC for AppleTV is x86 and XBMC for AppleTV2 is arm. Those will not run on a ppc based box.

So why didn't someone port XBMC to the PPC?

Just kidding...I guess it will servce as a good paperweight.
rashid420 Wrote:So why didn't someone port XBMC to the PPC?

Just kidding...I guess it will servce as a good paperweight.

Must be blind, here' let me help Smile

http://xbmc.org/download/ -> OSXPPC