Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: access HD plugged on XBMC from Win7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm really enjoying using my XBMC in my living room. To make it easier for XBMC I plugged on the computer an external Hard drive with all the movies in it.

What I really would like to achieve now (and couldn't find any explanation anywhere about it) is to get access to this Hard drive from another computer in order to feed him with new movies wirelessly.

Both devices are on the same network. The second machine uses Win 7.

Basically when I try to create a mapping of this HD from Win7, I am not able to see XBMX as part of my network device....

I would really appreciate If anyone could help me with that.

Thks a lot
no news Huh no questions ? anyone to help Huh?
help??Sad

please!!
Just set your source folder or drive as a windows share then select "Windows Network SMB" when you want to add it as a source in XBMC on the other machine
Hello,

Thanks for your answer but actually what I would like to do is to map the harddrive from my win7 computer knowing that this hard drive is plugged on the XBMC machine.

my config is as follow:

Computer A
connected via wifi to network

Computer B
connected via lan to router
An external hard drive is connected to computer B

objective: map HD (computer B) on computer A

is it clearer this way ?
It is 100% clear but you have posted this in wrong place.

I assume your OS = Ubuntu since no xbmc OS exists. Post it in the linux sub forum or better google the answer.
(ubuntu share usb disk with samba from terminal)
ah ok I thought that live CD was not based on linux.

thx a lot I'll try to look for more info based on your search hint and repost elsewhere