Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Can't install to HDD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've not been able to find another thread where this is addressed:

I'm attempting to Install XBMC live to SATA Hard-Drive (Pentium-4 2.4Ghz with 500MB Ram) from CD.

The installation runs fine (I get the boot menu, language screen, HDD configuration)

Then something odd happens:

I get a 'Installing the system" progress bar, and once complete I get a menu offering me to install various components (network card, keyboard, GRUB Boot loader, Language,etc - there are approx. 20 options on the screen, including a "finish the installation" option).

However, no matter which option I choose, The effect is the same: I go back to the "installing the System" bar, which runs for some time (roughly 2 minutes, but I haven't timed it), after which the Menu returns.

I have not found any way to progress the installation past the menu.

I'm using Latest version (10.0) - and a network is not available during installation.

A clean installation of standard Ubuntu (10.10) worked flawlessly.

Running Live direct from CD works.

Any suggestions?
Upon further study, I seems the installation problem exits prematurely after reaching approx. 88% completion.

The Menu I receive seems to be some sort of an installation menu, allowing to manually install components.

However, no action I choose in the menu seems to make any difference. It seems the Installation app is trying to re-install the system, crashing at, apparently, the same point every time.

I tried re-burning the CD several times with no effect. A USB installation is not an option on this specific system.

Any suggestions, will be welcome.