Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVDB Scrapper - wrong series is being found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

My first post on forum, so I will take this opportunity to say "hello" to everyone Smile

XBMC is great and I have many questions but first thing first.
I'm using TVDB scrapper for TV shows and there is a problem with 3 shows:

For example "Human Target" is being found as a show from 1992 which is wrong. The correct one is "Human Target (2010)" but I can't force scrapper to find this one. I have changed the name of show to Human Target (2010) but still scrapper is finding old one.

Second, I have 33 shows, but only 32 found.
The one I'm missing is House, which is in the folder called "House M.D."
I was wondering why only this show is not listed in library.

My files are located on external HDD, and the file structure looks like this:

\Series\Lost\
--Season 1
--Season 2
\Series\Human Target\
--Season 1
\Series\House M.D.\
--Season 1
--Season 2
--Season 3

and so on. So my questions are:

- how to force scrapper for find correct TV show info
- is the TVDB.com scrapper best choice?
- why House in not in Library

I would appreciate any help.

Best regards
Bartek
adding year should fix it if you do it correctly.
I think house MD needs to be only house.

I use the sorttv script to rename all files automatically. Works great.
Then you can also force h MD => h in the config file.
- how to force scrapper for find correct TV show info

Using your Human Target (2010) problem in the example:

Go to TV shows --> hover over the Human Target poster(or banner) and press 'C' --> TV Show Information --> Refresh --> Select NO when XBMC asks if you want to update all episodes --> A list with TV shows related to the folder name should appear --> If you can't see Human Target (2010) on the list you can manually type it in after pressing the Manual button. Things looks a little different depending on what skin you are using.

- is the TVDB.com scrapper best choice?
Yes.

- why House in not in Library
If the show does not appear AT ALL in XBMC it could be something wrong with the names of the files you have. The "M.D." doesnt matter, "House", "House M.D." and "House MD" point toward the same show in theTVDB.
Many thanks for answer I will test it as soon as I get back home.

I hope you don't mind if I ask another questions. I'm using AeonMQ2 as default skin and showcase view for movies and tv shows.

Questions:

- what is CD/DVD case option, enabling/disabling this I don't see anything changing
- what is stack option, I have it disable
- going into any series I have, choosing any season I see episodes. While scrolling between episodes I see a number in front of the episode, sometimes it's 1 or 4 or 8

Regards
Bartek
vikjon0 Wrote:adding year should fix it if you do it correctly.
I think house MD needs to be only house.

I use the sorttv script to rename all files automatically. Works great.
Then you can also force h MD => h in the config file.

I had to change folder to "House", even thou files are still named like:
House M.D. 7x08 - Small Sacrifices there are included in library now, kinda awkward but hey Smile
Bartek Wrote:I had to change folder to "House", even thou files are still named like:
House M.D. 7x08 - Small Sacrifices there are included in library now, kinda awkward but hey Smile
That would be correct, xbmc scrapes from the folder name (not the filename), which should mirror the name in thetvdb (if in doubt check the name in the tvdb). Similarily so with Human Target - name in the tvdb is Human Target (2010).

Name your folders correctly and scraping won't be a problem.
steelman1991 Wrote:Name your folders correctly and scraping won't be a problem.

It can be tough to get right. For instance- I have a TV show named "Heartland", TVDB has 5 or 6 items under that name, even when I renamed the folder to "Heartland (2007) (Canada)" the scrapper still found the wrong show...
Quote:It can be tough to get right.
Agree...I think the only way is that you check the exact name on thetvdb.com
Bartek Wrote:- what is CD/DVD case option, enabling/disabling this I don't see anything changing
- what is stack option, I have it disable
- going into any series I have, choosing any season I see episodes. While scrolling between episodes I see a number in front of the episode, sometimes it's 1 or 4 or 8

Regards
Bartek
1. The Case will show up if XBMC actually knows what file-type your media-file is. If XBMC knows for example that you have a DVD-Rip of a movie it will show a case which will mirror this (= DVD-Case).

2. Stack is what it sounds like: Stack. If you enable it, all Seasons of a TV-Show will be in one folder and in one folder only (The season are being "stacked" together).

3. I don not know exactly what you mean. These numbers correspond to the number of the episode. The representation is based upon wether you use the stack option or not.
If you do not use the stack-option you should just see the Episode Number (eg. Episode 14 in the folder Season 2). If you do use the stack-option you will see "SeasonNumber X EpisodeNumber" - so my example would become "02x14".