Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Media flags for external hdd storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

Congratulations for the nice work ezechiel1917.
I just started on using xbmc for windows and installed the latest Aeon Nox and Transparency skins.
I also have all my movies in different external usb storage HDD, and so I'm all interested in your work.
Nevertheless, i cannot perform the modifications as you described. It seems that the code for the latest skin versions is different. And, also the fact that i'm using windows complicates more.
Can you please help me? I have 3 HDDs.
Thank you.
Regards.
jotascotch:
Ah, you're right, thanks... I've updated original post.

Mounting to folders is described there too. I suggest you to create main folder on every HDD and name it EXT01 , EXT02 ... (just to follow my example, you can name the folders like you want) and move any media files to these folders.
Second option is to mount drives to folders.

Either way you need to clean and rescan your library after that, otherwise storage flags and playback would not work from these new locations.

Pico1965:
Code for Aeon MQ4 I made was text alternative of storage flags because of different flag variations in the code.
It's possible to use storage icons, but unfortunately I can't keep up with multiple skins so I can support only transparency code updates, because I don't really use any other skins.
Thank you for the reply ezechiel1917.

I have just made the modifications, and recreate list, but the flag doesn't appear. it is just missing.

If I am using Windows I wonder in which "/media/flags/movies" must I place the storage folder:

1) in the c:/programs/xbmc, or

2) in /appdata/roaming/xbmc (of my user) that is the place where i found the folder of the transparency skin?
place /media/flags/movies to your skin.transparency folder.
Now works 100%!
Thank you for helping.
Hi, the Link is offline, could you please re-upload it?
sure, download link is now fixed.
Hello.
I have HiMedia Q5 PRO.
Connected is NAS on network + optional external HDD in hotswap box connect via USB.
I am connecting different HDD's sometimes for some archived media (movies, TV series), which didn't fit to NAS.

I'd like to add all my HDD's into KODI library, and identify by HDD via media flag.
Unfortunatelly, each external HDD is always mapped as sda1.
So I do not know how to identify different HDD, since path is always the same.

Isn't it possible to create folder, unique for each HDD, named "HDD01" for first HDD, "HDD02" for second etc., and adjust script to look for this substring in path?
Just an idea, I am not sure how to do it and if it could work.
Any advice and help welcome.
Your idea is correct. Keep your media in unique foldername for each of yours external drives

substring(ListItem.Path,HDDxx) checks whole path of media file location for HDDxx string. As long as you have that folder anywhere in your path structure it should work.
Hello

I was using this solution more than 2 years.
Recently I updated system and KODI. After update, version 17.6 was OK.
KODI updated itself to 18.0 and now I can see only blank space instead of HDD number.
Path for images is "\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.transparency\media\flags\movies\storage"

Code is the same, only change is I replaced second flag

<control type="image">
            <left>102</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>96</width>
            <height>72</height>
            <texture fallback="mediaflag-aspectratio.png">flags/movies/aspectratio/$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,,.png]</texture>
        </control>

with 

<control type="image">
            <left>102</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>96</width>
            <height>72</height>
            <texture>flags/movies/storage/01.png</texture>
            <visible>substring(ListItem.Path,HDD01)</visible>
        </control>

Any advice appreciated.
Hello again.

Last time I solved by returning to KODI 16.1. 
But now I had to upgrade to KODI 18.8
And again, I can't make it work on Transparency! v11.0.9 after upgrade.

Any help or advice appreciated.
(2020-09-22, 17:14)brzi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again.

It would appear that the "substring" (and some more commands) have been replaced in Kodi v18.

See first post here:- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...4&page=131
(2020-09-24, 23:53)ukmark62 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-22, 17:14)brzi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again.

It would appear that the "substring" (and some more commands) have been replaced in Kodi v18.

See first post here:- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...4&page=131

That was the case, thank you very much for help.
Pages: 1 2