Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Opdenkamp repo: Latest XBMC Live & Windows builds incompatible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded my Windows box with the latest build from the opdenkamp repository yesterday - now my XBMC Live box (running the latest Dharma based PVR version from the same repository) won't open the MySQL shared library. It says (something like) "ERROR: Can't open library because it is a NEWER version than we expected!" The library opens fine on my Windows box though.

Could it be that the Windows version silently upgraded the library, and now the XBMC Live version does not know how to handle it? Is there a way that I can check if the library format has changed between the latest XBMC Live build and the Windows build?

Right now my best option to solve the issue seems to be to export the library from the Windows version, then to entirely clear the library, then to revert the Windows version to something closer to Dharma (possibly the official Dharma build itself, without PVR for the moment), then tom import the exported library. Any thoughts on this, anyone?

I know there is no support and I should not be whining when running unofficial builds - I'm just trying to figure out what happened and how to solve it.
the PVR builds are done from the PVR development tree, which is forked off XBMC's development tree. database changes are likely to happen in there.

so, if you're trying development version, don't use a shared db or you'll have to upgrade all your boxes.

exporting and importing on a lower version (if that works) seems to be your best choice
Thanks for the reply. Alright then, switching to an older Windows build and rebuilding the database it is.

There's no chance of a new Ubuntu build any time soon, is there?
somewhere this week if I fix some issues in time
dushmaniac Wrote:somewhere this week if I fix some issues in time

Hey, that would be great! Meanwhile, I fixed my problems by reverting my Windows build to Dharma stable, and then re-scanning the database.