Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] HELP! I've deleted the internet! - Well, my NTFS Partition is won't mount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When booting up my XBMC Live I am getting an error.

Code:
An error occurred while mounting /home/xbmc/Music

Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery

Can someone tell me how to get it to mount again?

My XBMC machine is an Acer Revo. It has a 320GB hard drive that is partitioned as follows.

16GB Ext4 - This has XBMC installed on it
4GB Swap
300GB NTFS - This holds my music library.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Choose M for manual recovery. Then type "sudo nano /etc/fstab" have a look in the file to see what the uuid of the partition that has /home/xbmc/Music as the mount point. Then exit nano and type "sudo blkid" Make sure the uuid's match. If its not using uuid it will be something like /dev/sda3 just input that into fstab. Then save and type "sudo mount -a" if there is no error reboot.

cheers

cheers
The UUID that I can see above my /dev/sda5 in fstab is vastly different from the one I see when I type blkid.

Do I need to edit the fstab UUID to match the blkid one?

Thanks
yes
Thanks Harry, I shall edit the fstab in the next few minutes and let you know the outcome.

Do you have any idea why this has happened? The system was working fine until today.
I've done what you recommended but I get an error when typing sudo mount -a. The error starts like this:

Code:
$MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0).
I did some research on that error and have fixed it with this.

Code:
sudo -i
ntfsfix /dev/sda5

The drive now mounts and I can view it's contents again.

Happy Days!