Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS 4.3 and XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With iOS 4.3 released today is anyone updating their ATV2's? I presume we lose the jailbreak and xbmc along with it.
Anyone already freshly jailbroken their 4.3 ATV2? Any problems?
Their is no jailbreak for 4.3 Oo
Fire69 Wrote:Their is no jailbreak for 4.3 Oo

I'm pretty sure that every current iOS device has been jailbroken for 4.3, it's just untethered.
Not to sound like a n00b here, but I'm new to all this.

Currently I have a jailbroken ATV2 running iOS 4.2.1 with XBMC.

Am I to assume if I upgrade to iOS 4.3-- I'll lose that functionality? At least until a 4.3 jailbreak comes? And what happens to my current XBMC install during all of this? Is it 'deleted' or something?

Much thanks.
trilidar Wrote:Not to sound like a n00b here, but I'm new to all this.

Currently I have a jailbroken ATV2 running iOS 4.2.1 with XBMC.

Am I to assume if I upgrade to iOS 4.3-- I'll lose that functionality? At least until a 4.3 jailbreak comes? And what happens to my current XBMC install during all of this? Is it 'deleted' or something?

Much thanks.

Correct.

IF YOU UPGRADE, YOU WILL LOSE THE JAILBREAK AND ALL JB'D APPS.

There is a JB for 4.3, but it's tethered only for now.

I would wait if I were you.

Also hopefully you ran TinyUmbrella. If not.. oops.
keith Wrote:Correct.

IF YOU UPGRADE, YOU WILL LOSE THE JAILBREAK AND ALL JB'D APPS.

There is a JB for 4.3, but it's tethered only for now.

I would wait if I were you.

Also hopefully you ran TinyUmbrella. If not.. oops.

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of.

Could you please clarify the part about TinyUmbrella. From what I understand, it allows fw 'rollback'. I haven't updated ANYTHING and I've disabled iOS auto-update (just being paranoid).

I used greenpois0n to do an untethered jailbreak under iOS 4.2.1. I'm going to assume I need to wait for an iOS 4.3 untethered version, as well?

Once again, BIG thanks for all the help.
tril
Yes, you have to wait for an untethered jailbreak for 4.3. But why the rush? Just disable auto-update and you're ok.

TinyUmbrella saves your SHSH blobs. These blobs are unique for each device and iOS version and allow you to revert to a previous iOS version if you accidently upgrade, for example.
To save the blobs, just connect the Apple TV (jailbroken or not) to your computer and run TinyUmbrella. It will automatically save all the blobs it can. I believe that Apple is still signing the 4.2.1 so you're still on time to get the blobs. In a few days they will stop signing it and you will have no way to revert to 4.2.1

Please note that saving the blobs is not mandatory, but is recommended. This process makes no changes whatsoever to your device. TinyUmbrella just uses your device to contact Apple's servers and retrieve some magic numbers Smile
Apple has stopped signing the 4.2.1 shsh blobs.
davilla Wrote:Apple has stopped signing the 4.2.1 shsh blobs.

Oh... Too bad =\ I thought they still signed the older version for a few days. Maybe they are changing their minds about this... We should get the blobs while we can.
davilla Wrote:Apple has stopped signing the 4.2.1 shsh blobs.

I just ran tinyumbrella on mine about 20 mins ago and it got the 4.2.1 blobs OK... The only ones it said i'm too late for is the 4.1..

I'm in the UK if this makes any difference?
nmat Wrote:Yes, you have to wait for an untethered jailbreak for 4.3. But why the rush? Just disable auto-update and you're ok.

The Auto-Update block in NITO Tv is causing XBMC to crash for a few of us.. We've had to turn the update ability back on and just say no to the updates..

Can't get more than 10 - 15 minutes into any vids before it bombs out.
I'm a complete noob to this, so I apologize for being annoying.

But i downloaded TinyUmbrella and got this:

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
you've no need to start the tss service if you're just trying to get the blobs for your device saved.. But it also looks like you dont have the atv plugged in.. plug it in, start tu and it should detect it. then click the "save all shsh's" button.
danmedhurst Wrote:you've no need to start the tss service if you're just trying to get the blobs for your device saved.. But it also looks like you dont have the atv plugged in.. plug it in, start tu and it should detect it. then click the "save all shsh's" button.

I love you!

I guess hooking it up would help.

I am the noob of all noobs.
Anyone try the tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3 (on their atv2)?

4.3 doesn't seem to buy the atv2 much unless you have another iOS device with 4.3 on it... unless you're a MLB/NBA fan.
Pages: 1 2 3