Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FixedList: Strange Behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange behaviour when using the FixedList control. In some instances, when you reach the last item in the list, you come to the end and then you must go the opposite way to get to the first item; however, in many other instances, i get to the last item but it then moves to the first item.

If this makes sense, is there a reason for this behaviour? Below is partial code that is used, the only thing that changes is the visibility condition:

PHP Code:
        <control type="fixedlist" id="51">
            <
description>Home Wraplist</description>

<
posx>-220</posx>
            <
posy>232</posy>
            <
width>1500</width>
            <
height>361</height>

<
visible>Container(300).HasFocus(1)</visible>

<
onup>300</onup>
            <
ondown>300</ondown>

<
focusposition>1</focusposition>
            <
scrolltime>300</scrolltime>
            <
viewtype>list</viewtype>
            <
orientation>horizontal</orientation>

<
animation effect="fade" time="400">Visible</animation
If there's no onleft or onright then it'll automatically wrap back to the start or end but if you define <onleft>-<onleft> or <onright>-</onright> then it will just stop at either end.
Hitcher Wrote:If there's no onleft or onright then it'll automatically wrap back to the start or end but if you define <onleft>-<onleft> or <onright>-</onright> then it will just stop at either end.

Hitcher,

you're the man... problem solved; though truth be told, this should be the default bahaviour, but i'm sure there's a good rationale for this...

hmp! it'd be nice if we had the option to "flag" any given post as "answered"...

Many thanks!
If you specify <onleft>/<onright> then clearly you want it to go elsewhere on each of those actions.
jmarshall Wrote:If you specify <onleft>/<onright> then clearly you want it to go elsewhere on each of those actions.

jmarshall,

forgive me for i amuse and flatter easily, but awesome!!! to get a reply from an xbmc, highly, active developer... well, i'm blushing :o

having said that... perhaps this is semantics and it could also be argued as ignorance; however, the label "WrapList" can be easily assume that this particular control will "wrap" around any particular data set, therefore it shall be assumed that the default behaviour will wrap the data set whether specified or otherwise... the term "FixedList", however, is a bit more vague, but I was expecting it's behaviour to be quite the opposite of a "WrapList", again, whether specied or otherwise.

I apologize for i do not mean to question nor offend anyone by my statement; again, this can be attributed to my lack of expertise relative to skinning xbmc.

On a side note... many thanks for the hard work and dedication that you and your peers have put into this project. I am very grateful!!!

Smile
You're welcome, and no need to apologize - I was just clearing up the why Smile

Basically the same rules apply to any container (panel, list, fixedlist, wraplist, grouplist).

Look forward to see what you come up with - feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

Cheers,
Jonathan