Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies there but won't play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 113 movies in my shared movies directory. XBMC only sees 110 of them. When I try to play certain movies (specifically with "The King's Speech"), it says the movie is not available and gives me the option to remove it from the library. The movie is on my computer, in my shared movie directory and shows up in XBMC under movies but will not play.

When I use the file viewer only 67 movies are shown even though there should be 113 movies showing. I figured the file viewer would be a more complete and up to date list but I guess i'm wrong.

I installed Ember Media Manager last night to help with this. It helped with a few movies but not all of them.

I can't find any info or help with this. This just started to happen. I upgraded to Dharma 10.1 to hopefully fix this but it didn't.

I use Windows 7, ATV1, Dharma 10.1.
it is possible that your shares got corrupted, thats just off the top of my head. can you post a debug log via pastebin?
Thanks for you help.

I've never had to post a debug file. I hope this is correct.

http://pastebin.com/3HGC6B3n
I did a little poking around and from what i found was the problem you are having has something to do with the smb shares? are you streaming from a pc to an ATV1? in some cases you you need to make sure the pc is on a home network, there is a link to a tutorial video in my signature.
Thanks for you help. That is the way that my network is setup. I am running Windows 7 streaming to ATV1. Most of my movies play so would it really be a network problem?

Is there something else I can try?
Look at the rights on the files that are not there compared to the ones that are. I found that Win7 likes to change rights based on where the files were moved from.
if you are still having problems check your file share permissions, if you are dealing with a master folder then sub folders check to make sure they are all shared.

Something that I have to do from time to time is remind my PC that it is on a home network to do this....1-click on the start icon...2 in the search bar in win 7 type workgroup...press enter. 3 click on network id tick the check box for home computer...4 click next you will be prompted for a restart go ahead and do that. If that was a little fuzzy I have a link to a video that I made regarding this process.

If you turn off library mode and switch to file mode how many files do you see?

Does this issue involve tv and moves?

I have my Drives setup the following way

drive D
TV (folder)
Movies(Folder)

Movies are named as follows: moviesname.extention(year)

TV Goes as follows:
TV Show folder (Show Name)
Season folder (ex. season 1)
Under TV I use two naming conventions both of wich are supported by xbmc
showname-101 (1-for first season, 01 Episode number)
I also use TVrename from some of my shows once the show is added it notifies when a file is available, it uses the TVDB to grab shows and uses the following convention.

Show Name - S01E01 - Episode Title

As far as the permissions go you want to make sure that the share from the parent folder is inherited to all sub folders.

are you using homegroup?