Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video imdb screen in xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it possible to have a button that will launch the associated movie from the imdb info screen?

it is as simple of altering the associated .xml file?

also. where is the imdb info cached on the hdd?

any input appreciated.
tia
yes, it's possible to add a play button.

unfortunately, it won't be possible to actually get the movie to play using said button with the current code.

cheers,
jonathan
jmarshall, thank you for your response.

i understand the present code may not facilitate this, but how difficult would it be to implement into the code?

there must be a way around this with python scripts? how about a script that read from a imdb xml file containing all the movie data? - how/ where is the imdb data broken down and stored on the xbox?
most of my movies (that i rip from my dvd's) i like to get the dvd cover from and store in a folder with the movie as folder.jpg) where is the imdb information file stored? is it an xml file? this type of movie info would not change regularly and i do believe that it would add to the experience of xbmc - right before you launch the movie, you see the imdb screen with the actors/directors/write-up etc)

how cool would that be>

anyways - thanks for your reply
it would be reasonably easy to add.

basically all that is needed is for the dialog window in question to know the location of the file it is displaying info on (actually, it doesn't even need that, though that would be the most efficient way to do it).

then just a couple of lines of code to react to the button push and it'd be done.

might be a nice little project for a coder unfamiliar with the xbmc codebase to look into.
jmarshall,

would be so kind as to point me in the right direction of code that i should start looking at?

i am alway up for a little challenge i looked on sourceforge today buy can't seem to navigate through the code too well.

thanks man

ot: sourceforfe.net is awsome !! i keep getting sidetracked looking into their corporate (stock lnux) profile. looks loke a good buy here at 2 bucks !!

tia
yeah - sf is cool.

the code you'd need to look at is in guiwindowvideoinfo.cpp/h

you'd need to add a new button id #define to the top, and then pick up it's click message in onmessage(). you can define a message map in the constructor to do this now - see guiwindowhome.cpp for an example. in the click function you supply, you'll need to call playfile() in the application class. thus, you need to somehow obtain the cfileitem object of the movie. i suggest the easiest way is to probably just add a member variable to cguiwindowvideoinfo and set it before the video info window is called (look for oninfo in cguiwindowvideo*.cpp) that way you can just pass it through to playfile in the app class.

once that is done, you just need to add a button to the skin with the appropriate id and you're done Smile

have fun!

cheers,
jonathan