Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AppleTV1: Only finds 64 movies when I have 110
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No matter what I do XBMC on my ATV1 only finds 64 movies when I have 110 in my shared directory. It used to work fine. I haven't changed any settings.

To remedy this I have:
Changed the scraper.
removed the shares.
add the shares as UPnP.
add them as SMB.
I delete them.
I restart.
I restart Windows 7.

Nothing seems to be working.

It finds them using UPnP but does not add a movie directory. When scraping, the progress bar stays at 0% then crashes.

What gives?

I'm using Dharma 10.1., ATV1, Windows 7.
library or file view?
Both.
If it's in files view (and is smb) then it's a permissions issue.
Permissions issue how? It finds 64 of my 110 movies. How would some of the movies in the same directory not be found??

How can I fix this?

Thanks for you help.
xbmc.log with debug enable might shed some light on this.
This is what you need I assume. Did a restart, added the smb share and then added the movie directory. Found 63 this time. Still not 110...

Thanks!!

http://pastebin.com/83X6EQCX
if you want help with your issue, may i suggest you drop the attitude..it does not make finding a solution come any faster.
@Hudson_Hawk04; I'm a little confused why you would accuse me of giving attitude. Can you explain? Is it because I have been saying thank you after every post? Believe me, I am in no position to give attitude when I'm asking for help. If my politeness comes across as attitude, I apologize.

BTW, I would appreciate if you would stay on topic instead of flaming a legitimate question 2 days after there have been no responses. That's not very helpful.

Can any developers who are not Hudson_Hawk04 help with my problem? Shocked (okay, there's a hint of attitude there but it's directed to bruce willis superfan #1, hudson_hawk04.) Wink

Thanks!!
My guess is he posted to the wrong thread.

Permission problems occur when when the files are not owned by the entity requesting them. This is a typical issue with Windows, as in Windows there's 2 levels of permissions involved (filesystem + sharing) and it's not uncommon for it to screw things up. In particular, the "files inherit from folder" setting is often ignored.

A simple fix is usually to force permissions on the folder and on all things in the subfolder from within Windows (usually it's in the right click "Sharing" menu, but I've never used Win7 so no idea on that one).

Cheers,
Jonathan
I just noticed that exiting file view and going back into file view, the number of available movies changes slightly. It now finds anywhere from 86-89 movies. This happens all within seconds of each other. Very strange behavior.
Just wanted to stop in and apologize for my comment earlier it was out of line and to top it of i misread your post.
If find this behaviour really strange and annoying. I figured if it was a permissions issue then I'll need to fix something on my computer. I actually reinstalled xbmc on my atv1 a few times first. I had to do a complete factory restore after trying to get remotehd installed properly - i installed nitotv and perian as per remotehd and it crashed it (totally bricked it) twice.

Since i couldn't figure out where the permissions problem was on my computer, I moved everything to another hard drive and added them via smb to xbmc. When it was first found, xbmc found 105 movies. After 20 minutes while watching one movie and returning back to the menu, it went right back to 64 movies!! I really can't believe or understand what could be causing this to happen. WTF is going on??

Thanks for any help.
jonnyk9 Wrote:If find this behaviour really strange and annoying. I figured if it was a permissions issue then I'll need to fix something on my computer. I actually reinstalled xbmc on my atv1 a few times first. I had to do a complete factory restore after trying to get remotehd installed properly - i installed nitotv and perian as per remotehd and it crashed it (totally bricked it) twice.

Since i couldn't figure out where the permissions problem was on my computer, I moved everything to another hard drive and added them via smb to xbmc. When it was first found, xbmc found 105 movies. After 20 minutes while watching one movie and returning back to the menu, it went right back to 64 movies!! I really can't believe or understand what could be causing this to happen. WTF is going on??

Thanks for any help.

I've been experiencing the same problem after migrating to 10.1 from 10.0. Jmarshall suggested (in the other thread) that I migrate back to 10.0 to isolate the problem, but I couldn't find a copy of the older dmg (anyone know where to download?). This smb video visibility problem only occur on the appletv...my windows-based xbmc can see all the files in both file mode and library mode. I suspect it might have something to do with the new SMB codes that was implemented in 10.1.

UPDATED: Downgraded to 10.0 did not help...i guess that wasn't it...not sure why I can see all the files via Windows-based XBMC but cannot see them in Apple TV...this only started happening recently and I haven't changed anything that I can recall except for the migration to 10.1. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The videos that previously wouldn't show magically appeared after I removed all files that had a sfv, nfo, or nzb extensions within the folder where the video was held. I can only assume that the xbmc apple tv version is having problems parsing those non-video files which inadvertently caused the movie files to not appear.