Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems after last upgrade (cannot play any file, both via archive and via file)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded via the opdenkamp's ppa, the version tag is 11.0..something, after the upgrade, I rebooted and now I can see the archive (stored on a mysql server), but whenever I try to play a movie or tv show's episode I get a message stating that the file is no more there and that I can remove it if I want to.
The files section is a bit problematic too, I enter a folder on the NFS server (monted at boot via fstab), I can see the files, but I get a "Too many failures" message preventing the movie to play.
Beside this, the Live TV part with tvheadend is really improving, even epg is more consistent now... ^_^

Anyway, is there something I can do to fix these issues? (Archive not finding files anymore and file view not playing the files either?)

Do I have to report these issues to a bug tracker?

Thank you.
"file mode" is being removed, in favour of library mode for everything. no need to create a ticket for that. it'll probably work fine next week.

try using an sqlite db instead of mysql. something might have gone wrong while updating.
Thanks for the answers! ^_^

Thus the xbmc on opdenkamp's ppa is no more considered dharma based (read almost stable, at least for the Music, Video and Pictures part), but it's a sneak prev for Eden?
The "Next week" means that there will be more frequent updates from opdenkamp ppa?
The File view thing means that the not scraped contents (say a movie just saved to the directory), would appear automatically among the scraped ones? (just without cover and infos, but with the filename as title? Cool).

Tonite, when I'll be home, I'd check for this and for the Live TV part (the update, bringing a new kernel, borked my v4l-dvb compiled drivers, I have to recompile them! ^_^)

Thanks again
yeah it's no longer based on dharma. you can still compile the old version manually if you like. the tree is still available on github.

there will be more frequent updates now that things are becoming stable again.
dushmaniac Wrote:there will be more frequent updates now that things are becoming stable again.
^_^ Love to hear that! ^_^ Thanx.