Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What is the best way to add cartoon shorts to my library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since they are not TV or Movies, what is the best way to add them to my library (or can this even be done). Some are shorts from movies (ie. MegaMind or Cars) and some are not associated with a particular film (ie. Pixar Shorts).

Is there anyone out there that has found a way to accomplish this? Since this will be setup on my kids XBMC box, it will need to be as easy to navigate as possible (my 3 & 5 year olds will be the primary users).
themoviedb.org lists a Pixar short vol 1, Megamind: The Button of Doom 16 minute short, and Cars toon Mater's tall tales. So if any of those are them, they're movies and can be set up as such. If not all there, you could contribute them to their database and have them for yourself and others.

Or you can make your own nfo for each and then scrape local to get them in.

If you have other movies setup for the kids already, then it can be just as easy as that for these. What you want can be done, and fairly easily, let know if you need help.
If you're in a rush... throw them in with the full feature as a trailer. Instead of trying get .nfo for small stuff.... I occasionally throw them all into one directory outside the library and they get seen at random through Cinema Experience as a short before the movie.
Actually, I just noticed the Pixar Shorts listing on tvdb.com. That takes care of most of them actually. I guess I posted a little prematurely. The only ones that I have that aren't listed are the Despicable Me Mini Movies and a couple other random ones.