Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV1] Hanging when enabling mysql advancedsetting.xml ... Help please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I've got an apple tv1 with a fresh nightly install (has been working just spot on!) and when I copied over the advancedsettings.XML, it hung on boot. So I took the liberty of copying over a fresh userdata folder and booting without the advancedsettings file, it worked well, nice and quick.

I have also an NFS mount, which appears to be ok.

I've just checked, and it has appeared to lockup again while just sat at the home screen.

Before I put Linux on it, is there anywhere you think I need to look? Other than the log??

Thanks, jt
Hi,

did a little more digging.

It doesn't hang, it just becomes incredibly slow - to the point of being unresponsive.

I renamed my userdata folder and re-installed the latest image from here, I can't see a .log file being created, it's been a long day and doing this in between sorting some issues with a domino server, i'm a little stumped.

any comments/thoughts would be really appreciated.

cheers
jt
see my sig.
I had the same issue and eventually figured it out. Your MYSQL server is trying to resolve your machine's name using DNS.

Add the line:
skip_name_resolve

to your my.ini file (should be in the home directory of your mysql install).

Restart mysql. All should be well.

-Dave
BostonDave Wrote:I had the same issue and eventually figured it out. Your MYSQL server is trying to resolve your machine's name using DNS.

Add the line:
skip_name_resolve

to your my.ini file (should be in the home directory of your mysql install).

Restart mysql. All should be well.

-Dave

Just wanted to note, that for win32 5.1 Mysqld, skip_name_resolve will crash out. The parameter you need to set on a new line is skip-name-resolve.