Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Thumbnail for Video/Movie File
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, first I would like to say GREAT media center Big Grin.

But I'm having trouble with some video folders not having a thumbnail, but once I click and open the folder the actual movie inside does have a thumbnail. Some of the folder on the hand do have an image on the folder, and the actual movie.

Thanks for any help.
If you set "use foldernames for lookups" when you scan, then the folder will inherit the thumb.

Otherwise, the file will get the thumb only.

Note that in current master, if you use "use foldernames for lookups" then the folder itself is replaced by the fileitem completely - no need to click on the folder anymore.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:If you set "use foldernames for lookups" when you scan, then the folder will inherit the thumb.

Otherwise, the file will get the thumb only.

Note that in current master, if you use "use foldernames for lookups" then the folder itself is replaced by the fileitem completely - no need to click on the folder anymore.

Cheers,
Jonathan

You're awesome, thanks so much Big Grin! A few movies still don't have the image for the folder, but all the other ones are working fine, so maybe I'll figure something out later. Thanks again Big Grin!
Everything seems to be working fine now. I just had some folders in folders. Everything is beautiful, I wanna show it off LOL, thanks again Big GrinBig Grin!!