Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SoulMote for iPhone, iTouch & iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
SoulMote for XBMC launched today as a free download from the iTunes store
Follow this link to download http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soulmote/id424477236

We are planning on continually improving the remote, and your feedback is greatly welcomed.

Here are some of the features already included in the first release:
★ View your movies and TV shows by title, actors or genres
★ View you music by album title, artist or genres
★ Supports cover art and thumbnails for all media including actors, music artists, movies, TV shows, episodes and more
★ Play ordered or shuffle play your music
★ Easily view movie synopsis and rating
★ Resume functionality for media that you have not finished watching
★ Easily find the media you are looking for by using the search functionality
★ Sort your media by rating and year released
★ Video media that you have watched are marked
★ Browse your directories through the sources view
★ Sources view shows you the date and time you last played the video media file
★ SoulMote smartly detects when media is already playing and will give you the option to play new files immediately or queue additional files
★ Remote view detects currently playing media and displays buttons specific to the playing media
★ Use your devices keyboard to type in text on your XBMC media center
★ Instantly access the remote without returning to the dashboard by flipping your device upside down
★ Now Playing view detects currently playing media and displays image info and buttons specific to the playing media
★ Now Playing view allows you to easily jump to any point in the media by dragging a slider.
★ Quickly switch between the Now Playing and Remote views by either swiping your finger or selecting the desired toolbar button
★ Playlist view allows you to jump between items in your music or video playlists
★ Playlist an entire picture folder with one press on the folder image
★ Easy access to support forums and email functionality for feature requests and bug reporting

ImageImageImage
Please note the following issues have been identified when using SoulMote with a PC version of XBMC:
1. TV Shows are not listed in the TV Show view
2. Thumbnails not loaded

Version 1.1 of SoulMote will address these issues. Expect release by end of March.

Note: In the meantime you can still access your TV Shows by going to Sources View from the dashboard.

User of OSX XBMC should not experience these problems.

As always if you have any issues please do let us know. We are working to make SoulMote a feature rich and stable application for users of all XBMC operating systems.
Thanks for the app. I've tried it with the windows version. Dharma 10.0

Some issues:

View by artists shows an empty list in the music section.

How can I play an album, i.e. add the whole album to the now playing list? Edit: Nevermind, found it.

I could not find a way to switch to full screen and back, which led to the problem that I could not turn off xbmc. Is there a button to shut down xbmc?

Also, how do I access the OSD?

A kind request. Could you please support music videos?

The remote crashed shortly after I started a pictures slideshow

I'll fiddle around with it some more.
Hi DarkHelmet

Thank you for the feedback.

I must admit because we use XBMC OSX we didn't give Windows XBMC enough love. This has all changed as of today, and version 1.1 will be specific to get SoulMote with Windows XBMC up to par.

We will fix the view by artists for version 1.1
We will come up with a neat way to shutdown XBMC and allow you to switch between full screen and window mode. Currently as a work around you should be able to shutdown XBMC through the remote view, by selecting the keyboard function and typing capital "S". Not elegant I admit, but I promise to have a neat solution for version 1.2

OSD should be accesible by pressing the menu button on the remote view (the button to the top left with 4 dot and 4 lines). I am not infront of a PC XBMC so I can not test if it functions the same as on OSX until tomorrow. If not it will be fixed in 1.1 as well.

Per your request we will schedule in support for music videos for version 1.2
Currently you should still be able to access all your media by going through the "Sources" view on the dashboard.

Please let me know if the picture slideshow crash happens 100% or intermittently. Also does it happen when you play a single image or when you play a whole folder (you can start a whole folder by pressing the image of the folder, rather than the text in the pictures view)
This maybe an issue to do with the way SoulMote and PC XBMC talk to each other, and if so we will find it tomorrow during testing.

Please bear with us, we aim to make this the best remote for XBMC, and hence your feedback and satisfaction is of extreme importance to us.
Thanks for the fast reply.

I've tried the picture slideshow several times now. No crash. Don't know what was wrong the first time.

The OSD button indeed doesn't seem to work.

Flipping the remote doesn't seem to have an effect. If I understood you correctly it should switch to the remote when flipped, right?

Something strange is happening when I enqueue a song to a playlist. Sometimes I can't scroll down to the last song of the list. Can't figure out when this happens though. I love that feature though. Brilliant work, guys!

I know this might be controversial but I'd prefer to pay for the remote rather than have ads now and then in it.

Please keep up the good work, I like where this is heading.
Let me start with the advertising. You make a valid point, and to be honest with you the remote was designed from day 1 to allow users willing to pay to get rid of advertising. We actually designed a store button where you could purchase an ad free version. However we didn't quite finish it so we took out the store and replaced it with the "Support button" for now. We will bring the store back within the next 2 releases so you will be able to get rid of the adverts.

All revenue we make from the remote will be reinvested to continue to improve the remote. So your suffering is not vain Smile

I think the advertising support may also be linked to the issue you point out in regards to you sometimes not being able to scroll to the bottom of the playlist. The issue here is that the remote is supposed to resize the list if its a "not paid version" i.e. ad version remote but in some odd cases it doesn't do it. The paid version has the list all the way (covering the area of the advert). We will try catch this issue and sort it out by version 1.2

I've added the OSD issue to the list, and we will sort it out first thing tomorrow.

Flipping the remote is actually supported for any of the views except for the dashboard, and if you are already in the now playing/remote view. We chose not to put it in the dashboard because we felt you were already 1 button away from getting to the remote view, but I must admit this is a gray area and if users prefer to always have the remote come up when flipping the device we would happily update the code to do so.

We actually added the flip remote because we found ourselves many times adding items to the playlist and then wanting to access the remote without losing our place in the view we were in.

There is only one catch to the flip, it technically only occurs when the device is upside down i.e. your devices home button is at the top. If your device is already upside down in the dashboard and you move onto a view you would technically have to flip your phone 360 degrees for the remote to appear. This is something we may also need to rethink.

Glad to hear the crash isn't happening to you every time. If you do come across it again and have any clues of a way we may reproduce it, do let us know.
Hi DarkHelmet,

Just wanted to let you know version 1.10 has been submitted to Apple. It will probably take just under 2 weeks to appear on the iTunes store.

We've added a power button and full screen toggle button to the remote per your request.

★ The OSD and keyboard issues when using XBMC PC have been fixed.
★ Thumbnail issues which were actually broken if you used XBMC 10.1 for any OS have been fixed.
★ The scrolling issue you had with not being able to get to the bottom of the playlist should also be fixed.
★ We found a possible bug that we fixed that may have caused your crash in the picture view.

In addition we also did the following:
★ cleaned up the path when using XBMC PC, so filenames are shown without the path in views such as the playlist.
★ Fixed iPad was not starting a slideshow of the contents of a folder when the folder image was pressed.
★ Fixed iPad launch image resolution

Now there was one issue you mentioned which we could not replicate. You mentioned that you got no music artists in your view. On our side this works fine both when communicating with Windows XBMC and OSX XBMC. We could get to the bottom of this if you could give us some info from your xbmc. We would of course keep all information confidential.

Below is an image showing the new power and toggle full screen buttons:

What info exactly could I provide you with? I've updated to Dharma 10.1 on Vista Home Premium, AMD Athlon 4450, ATI Radeon X 1200, Transparency skin.

The issue with an empty list of the artist view is still around. The odd thing is, that all my albums and genres are there, so there has to be a connection to my library. Don't know what might be causing this, every other remote on my ipod displays the artists just fine.

One minor thing, the now playing arrow in the now playing view can hardly be seen when scrolling through the list. It's a grey arrow on grey background. I think another colour for the arrow should solve this, maybe in the same blue as the background of the titles of the list.

One more thing, would playlist support in the music library be possible? Maybe even include the xbmc's playlist editor or give the now playing view a choice to save that list as a playlist? Playlist support is something no other i-thingy remote has. XBMC unfortunately is not very good at creating playlists of music. For a start a shortcut to the existing playlist would be very sweet and would make me a very happy user. Personally I would hardly ever use the genre view of the music and would prefer playlists there but that might just be me. Maybe make the user have a choice in settings?

Looking forward to the update. Keep up the good work.
Great App coming along nicely have thought of adding movie sets capabilities
Just a thought
DarkHelmet,

First the good news. Prepare to be a happy user. It took a bit of work, but I managed to code in support for listing and playing music playlists.
The bad news is that you will have to wait for version 1.20 which can only be submitted once 1.10 is approved. So hang in there.
I also need to still figure out how to squeeze everything in the toolbar neatly so I give all users full flexibility.

I will look at the nowplaying arrow and see what we can do. Maybe even highlight the cell of the currently playing file.

In regards to your missing artist. There is an xbmc file that you can send me that will allow me to emulate what is happening on your system.

The file is called MyMusic7.db and is located in the following folder:
Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\Database\

[user] = your profile user

I'll send you my email address to send the file to in a private message.
Hi dibsta,

I've had a quick look into movie sets, and it looks like we should be able to add support for this. Version 1.10 has already been submitted so you're going to have to hang in there.

I will keep you updated.
Mail sent.

One more thing (yeah, I know I'm already way beyond the "one more thing"): The users should be able to update their video and music databases through the remote. Some update library button would be nice.

Oh, and my gf never heard of the term dashboard. Maybe replace that with home?
I'll look at adding some more buttons for updating the library for version 1.20. Supporting it is actually easy, its making the buttons thats the hard work.

I've tested with your music database and found the issue. For some reason XBMC sends me the bio's of artists incorrectly. However at the moment I'm not displaying bio's anywhere in the remote, so I've taken out my query for bios for version 1.20 which means your artist menu will start working when 1.20 is released.

Ironically I originally called the main screen the "Home" screen. I changed it to dashboard because I saw that the iPhone refers to its main app screens as the "Dashboard".
Glad I could help you out Smile

Hide the button update library somewhere away in the settings section. It's really not something the user needs everyday but definitely needs someday.
Thank you for the app.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10