Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PS3 Media Server - UPnP Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have PS3 Media Server sharing DVD ISOs to my two PS3s..

This server creates a list based on titles. Within the PS3, it shows how long in time each title is. This allows you to easily see which title is the move as it's usually the only one that is around 1:30hours..

When I view the same list within MBXC, it seems to try to show the size of the file instead of the length.. For some reason the size is all 0B. Maybe PS3 Media Server doesn't support the size info? So, is it possible to display the length instead of the size within XBMC? If not, it's pretty useless as some ISOs have 20-30 titles to choose from..

FYI: It seems everything else works.. This is the only thing keeping me from using XBMC..
What happens if you turn stacking on?
If I understand, stacking is for when you have multiple entries that you want to combine as a single entry. Apparently you don't set this within the GUI as I don't see it.

Anyway, this isn't what I'm describing..

PS3 Media Server already breaks up the files correctly. So the movie is only one entry within the DLNA list. All the other entries are stuff like extras, trailers, and other videos.. So stacking these would be very interesting..

FYI, if XBMC had PS3 Media Server's ability to stream DVD ISOs, I would use this as my DLNA server instead of a renderer for sure.. Basically, I only use PS3 Media Server to stream my DVD ISOs through DLNA to my PS3s.
It breaks up the files correctly, yet you don't know which one is the actual movie? How can this be?

Does it actually just list something like "VIDEO_TS.IFO" instead?
Yeah, I guess if you've never used PS3 Media Server, it would be a little confusing.

This DLNA server is the only one that I know of that is able to stream DVD ISOs in a "smart" way.. It actually finds each full video clip and shows it as a "Title". So the movie itself is a single "Title" in the list. Lets say the DVD had a deleted scene as a extra, each deleted scene would show up as a "Title". These are exactly the same list of "Titles" you would see when using DVD Shrink..

Here's a better explanation of what I'm asking.

PS3 Media Server -> PS3

All ISOs are listed like directories and look like this.

[DVD ISO] FILENAME_1.ISO
[DVD ISO] FILENAME_2.ISO
[DVD ISO] FILENAME_3.ISO

When you click on one of the names, you then get a list of Titles.

Title 2
10/28/2010 2:30PM 11'44" <- Happens to be a behind the scene clip.
Title 3
10/28/2010 2:30PM 10'13" <- Happens to be a deleted scene clip.
Title 9
10/28/2010 2:30PM 1:37'45" <- Is the movie which is obvious based on the time.

There was actually about 20 entries in there.

PS3 Media Server -> XBMC
All ISOs are lists like directories and look like this.

[DVD ISO] FILENAME_1.ISO
[DVD ISO] FILENAME_2.ISO
[DVD ISO] FILENAME_3.ISO

When you click on one of the names, you then get a list of Titles.

Title 2 0B
Title 3 0B
Title 9 0B

There are actually about 20 entries in there.. I have no way of knowing which is the movie because they are all 0B size. I'm assuming if it listed the length of the video instead of the size, it would be able to see which is the full movie..

FYI, I found the stacking option.. It does nothing in this case. But as I explained, it's not really related to this.