Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Karaoke Black Screen with Lyrics Delay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to delay lyrics by about 2 seconds but if I set advancedsettings.xml to anything greater than 0.3 seconds, I get a black screen with my music; 0.3 or less, I get no delay at all. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

http://pastebin.com/LWdTX1P7
Is this a bug? Does anyone know how to fix this?
I am having the same problem. syncdelaycdg causes a black screen with music. In fact, i've also tried syncdelaylrc as well and that did not cause the black screen, but it didn't do anything to delay the music/sound either. I don't think either functions are working. I have other settings in the advancedsettings.xml file (e.g. mysql) and they work fine, so I'm sure that I've modified the right file.

hught78 Wrote:I need to delay lyrics by about 2 seconds but if I set advancedsettings.xml to anything greater than 0.3 seconds, I get a black screen with my music; 0.3 or less, I get no delay at all. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

http://pastebin.com/LWdTX1P7
Yeah exact same issue here...if you set the delay to "0.4" it sporadically flashes the lryics on the screen in a strobe light effect.

Some of the other karaoke settings seem off as well. I couldn't get the defaultbackground to work with "vis" (**edit** actually this was the skin missing a few "karaoke" files but after copying from the default skin, I still couldn't get the lryics to display overtop of the visualization - likely still skin related though) nor could I get the "nextsongpopuptime" to delay the set interval. I've attached a copy of my "AdvancedSettings.xml" if anyone has thoughts on how this might be resolved - I assume this is not an issue with the settings... I should note, I did attempt changing the "storedelay" to "false" but it also had no effect.

After each change I exited XBMC, re-launched XBMC then tested the change.

<advancedsettings>

<karaoke>
<syncdelaycdg>0.3</syncdelaycdg>
<syncdelaylrc>0.0</syncdelaylrc>
<alwaysreplacegenre>true</alwaysreplacegenre>
<storedelay>true</storedelay>
<autoassignstartfrom>1</autoassignstartfrom>
<nocdgbackground>false</nocdgbackground>
<defaultbackground type="vis"/>
<nextsongpopuptime>9.0</nextsongpopuptime>
</karaoke>

</advancedsettings>

--=== Forum Admins/Mods==-- this should probably be moved to a more appropriate location as this is not MAC specific. I experienced this issue using Win7
It is a known issue. Use the latest version.