Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Metadata from MP4 + Apple TV question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new here and I had a few questions. I've been using XBMC on my Macbook for about 2 weeks now and it's been great. I'd say about 75% of my movies are in MP4 format with metadata saved to the file (movie poster, cast, year, etc.) and 25% of my movies are in MKV format. With that said I had a couple of questions:

1) Is there anyway for XBMC to use the saved metadata from the files instead of scrubbing? So all the MP4 files would show their metadata info and the MKV files would use the scrubbed XBMC info?

2) I also have an AppleTV2 that I'm going to jailbreak and add XBMC. XBMC is set up perfectly the way I like it on my laptop. Is there anyway to replicate this exact setup on my ATV2 or do I have to set it up all over again?

Thanks!
1. Not currently, no. A patch would be most welcome.

2. If you export your video library to a folder and then import that on the ATV2 you'll have your libraries + art. Rescanning your music library is probably preferable. Your settings shouldn't take long to setup either way.

Cheers,
Jonathan