Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Live CD Minimized Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, real quick cuz I'm on break at work...

I have an XBMC Live CD installed on an Acer Revo (1600?). I have a problem where I hit the

| \

..key below backspace on my keyboard. This minimized XBMC to the top left corner of my screen. When this has happened in the past, I restart XBMC and it fixes the issue. However now, it is stuck this way so when I reboot it is still a small screen in the top left of my tv.

Is this a known issue? Or perhaps there is a fix/workaround to get this back to normal?

Thanks in advance, you guys never fail to help me out no matter what the problem's been over the years..

-Evan
You should consider hitting\ again. With the focus on xbmc area (mouse pointer on xbmc)
vikjon0 Wrote:You should consider hitting\ again. With the focus on xbmc area (mouse pointer on xbmc)

Same problem here. Also the keyboard is not responding in this mode. Which is rather awkward when trying to enter \ .

Please help. And to get us started a little bit Is this an xorg or xbmc problem?
I manually edited the guisettings.xml. The file can be found in your user folder "/home/[your xbmc user]/.xbmc/userdata".

With the following command edit the file.

Code:
sudo vi guisettings.xml

Find the tag reading <window> (it should be n ear the end).

Change the height and width tag to your screens resolution height and width. See the example below that works for a 1920x1080 HD display.

Code:
<window>
        <height>1080</height>
        <width>1920</width>
    </window>

This actually solved my problem!