Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Pneumatic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Popeye Wrote:Thanks for finding this issue!
I have found a way to identify compressed rars and are thinking about how you (all) would like the behavior to be:
#1 a notification and just hope XBMC manages (probably not)
or
#2 a notification and not even trying to play.

Hi Popeye,

Maybe try #1 first, no harm done trying to play.. Now if people start reporting lots of issues and the success rate is minimal then maybe implement #2.

iDude,

Is there anyway of displaying the size of the file when browsing NZBMatrix using your very useful plugin? And without it sounding like I'm going on is there a way to download the artwork into the incomplete folder so it shows up on the OSD when playing? It's not a big deal just thought that would be the finishing touches to an awesome addon. And KUDOS to Popeye for his continuing efforts..

Cheers
No problem, thanks for helping me figure it out.

That's brilliant, not sure why on earth people to decide to use compression for media it makes little difference (max 1%). l probably would prefer #2 as from my tests every compressed rar has failed to play (tested about 15 now), tested with stable and nightly Dharma on both Openelec and Windows systems (can't test Atv2 sorry) also have tested multiple pre-eden builds with no success.

Thanks!

Popeye Wrote:Thanks for finding this issue!
I have found a way to identify compressed rars and are thinking about how you (all) would like the behavior to be:
#1 a notification and just hope XBMC manages (probably not)
or
#2 a notification and not even trying to play.
Or I add a setting allowing you to choose what to do.

BTW, I updated plugin.video.nzbstream with a few fixes (doesn't crash my system any more). When nzbs.org goes out of beta I will transfer all code into this addon since it's more general. I soon will add the option to have multiple newznab sites within this addon..
j1nx Wrote:....

Find out the UserID and GroupID of the sabnzbd user and then use the following (extra) mounting options for the incomplete folder.

Can you explain how i find these out?
workshy Wrote:Can you explain how i find these out?

You can find them in "/etc/shadow" and "/etc/groups"
Thanks for the reply, but i've just reread your original post and realised that those commands are for linux!....i'm trying to get the atv2 to stream from a mac using nfs manager to set the access rights on the 'incomplete' folder.
I gave up trying to mount the incomplete folder on the mac so it would stream and decided to try installing sabnzbd directly onto the atv2.

Sabnzbd on the atv2 works just fine and the nzb plugin loads into sabnzbd but i am still getting the 'waiting for download to start' message when in fact it has already started.

The incomplete folder is located at /private/var/sabnzbd/Downloads/incomplete... but this can not be located using the browse function in the plugin settings so the xml settings file has to be edited.

Is it that i cannot browse for the folder that is causing the problem?
Hi Popeye

Hope your keeping well. Recently there have been a few HD releases that contain a sample.mkv. The pluggin behaves as it should and loads the folder showing both the film and the sample.

I select the film however on every occasion it has played the sample only.

Thought I'd let you know incase it's a bug or it may be my setup.

Cheers
workshy Wrote:I gave up trying to mount the incomplete folder on the mac so it would stream and decided to try installing sabnzbd directly onto the atv2.

Sabnzbd on the atv2 works just fine and the nzb plugin loads into sabnzbd but i am still getting the 'waiting for download to start' message when in fact it has already started.

The incomplete folder is located at /private/var/sabnzbd/Downloads/incomplete... but this can not be located using the browse function in the plugin settings so the xml settings file has to be edited.

Is it that i cannot browse for the folder that is causing the problem?

I'm no expert however when I was trying to set mine up to stream from my windows server I had this same issue. I now use the HTPC to do all the work.

Try adding your incomplete folder as a location under the xbmc settings. Then you should be able to use NZBS to browse to it.

Hope this helps

Cheers
simon_rb Wrote:I'm no expert however when I was trying to set mine up to stream from my windows server I had this same issue. I now use the HTPC to do all the work.

Try adding your incomplete folder as a location under the xbmc settings. Then you should be able to use NZBS to browse to it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

I changed the incomplete folder to /var/mobile/Applications/ and used file manager to locate it as a source and the found it in the plugin settings but still does not work.

I then tried changing the permission settings of the incomplete folder and changed them to;

drwxrwxrwx 3 root mobile 102 Dec 3 09:47 incomplete/

which gives read/write/execute permission for any user....but now i get a script error!

The error seems to be a permission error for some reason as shown by the log extract below.

Any ideas why this is happening when the folder has permission for everything?

10:56:09 T:111431680 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
10:56:09 T:111431680 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
10:56:09 T:111431680 ERROR: Error Contents: (13, 'Permission denied', '/var/mobile/Applications/incomplete/Jimmy.Fallon.2011.11.17.Bill.Maher.HDTV.XviD-2HD')
10:56:09 T:111431680 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.nzbs/default.py", line 831, in <module>
get_nzb(params)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.nzbs/default.py", line 264, in get_nzb
get_rar(nzbname)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.nzbs/default.py", line 306, in get_rar
file, iscanceled = wait_for_rar(progressDialog, folder, sab_nzo_id, sab_nzo_id_history, 'Request to SABnzbd succeeded', last_rar)
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.nzbs/default.py", line 412, in wait_for_rar
dirList = sorted_rar_file_list(os.listdir(folder))
OSError: (13, 'Permission denied', '/var/mobile/Applications/incomplete/Jimmy.Fallon.2011.11.17.Bill.Maher.HDTV.XviD-2HD')
10:56:09 T:111431680 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
simon_rb Wrote:Hi Popeye

Hope your keeping well. Recently there have been a few HD releases that contain a sample.mkv. The pluggin behaves as it should and loads the folder showing both the film and the sample.

I select the film however on every occasion it has played the sample only.

Thought I'd let you know incase it's a bug or it may be my setup.

Cheers

Try posting a debug log. That makes it easier to track.
I managed to get this to work with SABnzbd loaded on the apple tv by changing the owner of the folder the program is installed in to 'mobile'. I also changed the owner of the 'incomplete' folder to 'mobile' too.

Part of my messing around involved modifying the SABnzbd.py file to allow read/write/execute permissions for all users not just the owner...but am not too sure if this is necessary after changing the owner of the folders lol.

The only problem is the apple tv itself as it plays xvid files just fine but suffers from buffering when playing 720p x.264 files...probs too much for it with having to process SABnzbd at the same time.

So now i'm trying to get it to work with XBMC on the apple tv and SABnzbd running on my mac, but am still getting stuck at the point where the plugin says 'waiting for download to start'.

I have nfs manager running and tried all sorts of permutations of settings without success. The Apple tv has 'mobile' as the owner with a UID=501 which is the same as my (owner) UID on the mac, so the -alldir should be the only setting i need!

I have modified the SABnzbd.py file on the mac too to allow all permissions for all users and used the CHMOD -R 0777 for the incomplete folder....but what i have noticed is that the folders/files generated in the incomplete folder still do not have all permissions set....they are rwxr-xr-x.

The apple tv should be connecting with read/write access as it has my (owner) UID...but i have a feeling i need full read/write for eveyone to get this to work.

Does anyone have an apple tv connected to a mac via NFS with this working?
Releases:
0.0.15 Notification of compressed rars, bug fix for multiple mkv in archive, last before eden! Big Grin
Anyone interested in CouchPotato support? Was thinking about adding the option to browse CP's blackhole folder and the option to stream from there..
Popeye Wrote:Anyone interested in CouchPotato support? Was thinking about adding the option to browse CP's blackhole folder and the option to stream from there..

Nah. Not for me.

CP is for content that a) i want to have local. b) is not yet available on the servers

I dont see scope for streaming purposes. It would be nice to push a movie to CP from within thoughh