Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Pneumatic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Popeye
FYI, your version numbers are not being bumped up. Or is beta 4 still considered a version 0.2.0?
Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.newznab"
       name="Newznab"
       version="0.2.0"
       provider-name="Popeye">
(2012-03-19, 15:44)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-19, 14:48)atmorell Wrote: [ -> ]Found two bugs.

Nothing happens when I press enter on one of the local NZB files.
http://pastebin.com/nezgk446

There seems to be a problem with loading directories randomly. Interface will just hang forever with "Loading directory"
http://pastebin.com/Gkfe0mQf

I doesn't happen for me. What OS? I had some issues under win7 when selecting just C: as the source. Selecting my own user, as root for the local nzb's solved the issue. I suspect a bug in the XBMC progress dialog handling that is causing the hang...

Running OSX Lion fully updated and XBMC Eden RC2. Reinstalled Pneumatic and Newznab this morning :/ Local NZB directory is set to a folder under my user account.
(2012-03-19, 17:49)wireman99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Popeye, really enjoying your plugins but I am encountering a error that I haven't seen posted before.

I'm running Win 7 64, Eden RC2, current build of pneumatic, newznab beta 3 and current build of nzbmatrix plugin.

The problem I'm encountering is when trying to stream certain episodes the request is sent to sabnzbd. Shortly followed by the error "failed to play" and then the error message "no rars in nzb". This occurs whether I attempt to directly launch the stream from within the newznab or nzbmatrix plugins or I use the plugins to create strm files for the episodes and then attempt to launch from the library. Yet if I go to sabnzbd the request was successful and sab is downloading the files. Also get the same error if I go the incomplete folder route and try to launch even though they are showing up in the list.

I've allowed sab to finish the download to assure that the nzb wasn't damaged or the files incomplete and in all cases sab was successful in downloading and extracting the file. Also can use a external downloader and stream using MPC-HC.

Two specific episodes are in the log file beyond that I'm not sure what additional information you need to recreate the error.

Thanks for a great addon.

http://pastebin.com/TkRjwtb3

The files in the NZB is being renamed on the fly from SAB since they are full of crazy chars like # and ( . I have to look into what I can do to get this fixed. BTW, thanks for an excellent bug report!

(2012-03-19, 18:44)kricker Wrote: [ -> ]@Popeye
FYI, your version numbers are not being bumped up. Or is beta 4 still considered a version 0.2.0?
Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.newznab"
       name="Newznab"
       version="0.2.0"
       provider-name="Popeye">

Nope, I have been lazy and not bumped the rev. Unfortunately, xbmc will NOT overwrite a old installation if the revision isn't bumped. So for anyone using the betas, you will manually have to replace all files from the beta zip with those in the xbmc addon folder... Will bump for next beta.

(2012-03-19, 19:32)atmorell Wrote: [ -> ]Running OSX Lion fully updated and XBMC Eden RC2. Reinstalled Pneumatic and Newznab this morning :/ Local NZB directory is set to a folder under my user account.

Hmm. XBMC and dialogs are driving me crazy. Found a few more bugs when investigating this.... I want to do new stuff, not fix bugs... Big Grin
EDIT Can you test the latest Newznab Eden commit? I forgot to set the browse local listitem as a file, this causes XBMC to behave bad sometimes..
Directory browsing is now working properly Smile

Local NZB files will only play if I remove all spaces and special characters :/ I also have the "No rars" error in some NZB files.
Log
(2012-03-20, 11:06)atmorell Wrote: [ -> ]Directory browsing is now working properly Smile

Local NZB files will only play if I remove all spaces and special characters :/ I also have the "No rars" error in some NZB files.
Log

Great! The space and special chars, are they in the path or in the nzb name? Ö in the nzb name has been my test case...

The "No rars" error, can you look in SAB and select the specific queue item, there you should see a list of files/subjects. If none of them ends with .rar, Pneumatic will fail.
However, It seems as if SAB is renaming on the fly and I have found examples of "# [1234] - blblalaallal - the.name.rar - (1/30)" suddenly being listed as " the.name.rar". So, Pneumatic will fail on first try. Wait a few seconds, try again and it will download and then fail when trying to play,since it doesn't know what fake rars to create...

My work with better progress indication gets stalled by all bugs you find so please stop finding more Big Grin
(2012-03-20, 12:05)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-20, 11:06)atmorell Wrote: [ -> ]Directory browsing is now working properly Smile

Log

Great! The space and special chars, are they in the path or in the nzb name? Ö in the nzb name has been my test case...

The "No rars" error, can you look in SAB and select the specific queue item, there you should see a list of files/subjects. If none of them ends with .rar, Pneumatic will fail.
However, It seems as if SAB is renaming on the fly and I have found examples of "# [1234] - blblalaallal - the.name.rar - (1/30)" suddenly being listed as " the.name.rar". So, Pneumatic will fail on first try. Wait a few seconds, try again and it will download and then fail when trying to play,since it doesn't know what fake rars to create...

My work with better progress indication gets stalled by all bugs you find so please stop finding more Big Grin

The spaces are in the filename itself.

This is a screenshot of one of the files complaining about "No rars"

Great info, and just as I suspected. Do you see the last line in your picture "(xxxxxx xxxxx.rar)" compared to the former "xxxxxx xxxxx.rar"? The first is not a good file name. Before SAB has fetched the article, the name given to Pneumatic is (xxxxxx xxxxx.rar) , once the article is fetched, the attachment, decides the name. This name is usually the subject or as in this case the subject.
The solution is somewhat complicated but I think I know what to do....
Hi Popeye, I was looking at making a program that would watch the Sickbeard black hole for new nzb files and then automatically create strm files that link to them, so they can be added into the native library. The plugin function used by the strm files created by Pneumatic ( plugin://plugin.program.pneumatic/?mode=strm&nzb=http://... ) doesn't work if pointed to local .nzbs, however, as it gets stuck trying to download the nzb. Is there a similar function that can be used for local nzb streaming? Thanks!
(2012-03-20, 20:28)badwornthing Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Popeye, I was looking at making a program that would watch the Sickbeard black hole for new nzb files and then automatically create strm files that link to them, so they can be added into the native library. The plugin function used by the strm files created by Pneumatic ( plugin://plugin.program.pneumatic/?mode=strm&nzb=http://... ) doesn't work if pointed to local .nzbs, however, as it gets stuck trying to download the nzb. Is there a similar function that can be used for local nzb streaming? Thanks!

Looking forward to your program, will you have the option to move the files from the black hole to somewhere else?
Regarding the local nzbs, try adding type=add_local if SAB also can access the path, else use type=add_file e.g. ( plugin://plugin.program.pneumatic/?mode=strm&type=add_local&nzb=http://... )
(2012-03-20, 23:15)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to your program, will you have the option to move the files from the black hole to somewhere else?
Regarding the local nzbs, try adding type=add_local if SAB also can access the path, else use type=add_file e.g. ( plugin://plugin.program.pneumatic/?mode=strm&type=add_local&nzb=http://... )

Cool, that works, thanks Cool.
It definitely could have the option of moving the nzbs, will try and keep a neat folder hierarchy and keep the nzbs with the strm files.
RELEASE
Pneumatic beta4

1: ETA and speed calculations in progress dialog
2: bumped revision to 0.2.2

# TODO before RC
Fix the crazy file name bug
Option to backup NZB when saving for library
API for general NZB backup
Nzb browsing with .nfo
Enable/disable automatic library scraping

Atmorell and wireman99, I have a fix for your bug with file names. It's quite nasty and will require re-write of a big chunk of code...
Popeye,

Thanks for taking a look at "no rar" problem. Did a limited amount of testing yesterday morning. Been away from the computer since. Unfortunately the results are not similar to the screenshot above and much stranger. It involved both naming and sorting issues.

Will be back to the computer tomorrow evening to test further. Want to test on a couple other machines to confirm it's not just my HTPC.

Will post the results if the problem is repeatable.

Wireman
(2012-03-22, 05:03)wireman99 Wrote: [ -> ]Popeye,

Thanks for taking a look at "no rar" problem. Did a limited amount of testing yesterday morning. Been away from the computer since. Unfortunately the results are not similar to the screenshot above and much stranger. It involved both naming and sorting issues.

Will be back to the computer tomorrow evening to test further. Want to test on a couple other machines to confirm it's not just my HTPC.

Will post the results if the problem is repeatable.

Wireman

I have also had this problem. It appears to happen if I have already attempted to download it before however cancelled the download before it finishes. I fixed the issue by deleting the folder then it worked.

Hope this helps

Regards

(2012-03-22, 10:53)simon_rb Wrote: [ -> ]I have also had this problem. It appears to happen if I have already attempted to download it before however cancelled the download before it finishes. I fixed the issue by deleting the folder then it worked.

Hope this helps

Regards

Your problem is slightly different. SAB quite often fails deleting the working folder and when you try again it appends a ".1" to the new folder name. Pneumatic, so far, has been looking in the original folder and then of course fails...