Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Pneumatic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didn't see this posted here,
but the latest version of SABnzbd has added a nice new feature:

Code:
Add special options 'empty_postproc' and 'prio_sort_list' (See Wiki)

From wiki:
Code:
A list of file name extensions. Matching files will be the first to be downloaded within an NZB. Example: sfv, nfo (0.7.5+ only)

I'm thinking of adding rar to that list Smile

Would also be nice if SABnzbd could create the 0-bytes, and download the last .r?? secondly.
It would shave a few seconds off the total processing time. (at least on my RPi, which isn't the fastest Python handler)
Dont try to convince the Sab team of creating the empty rars. It's xbmc's fault of not being able to read incomplete rar sets. Back in the days, like 9-10 years ago it was no problem. The fix is within the xbmc c code, where I'm totaly lost...
Big Grin
Yeah that would be nice! Also not having to download the last RAR when playing MKVs would save waiting time Smile
(2012-11-04, 16:44)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]Dont try to convince the Sab team of creating the empty rars. It's xbmc's fault of not being able to read incomplete rar sets. Back in the days, like 9-10 years ago it was no problem. The fix is within the xbmc c code, where I'm totaly lost...
Big Grin

I contemplated the idea aswell, but C is not my forte.
Python would be easier to modify.

Edit: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143005
I might just do a checkout of the latest branch and try to run a debug version again.

(2012-11-04, 16:51)samukas Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that would be nice! Also not having to download the last RAR when playing MKVs would save waiting time Smile

Afaik this is not possible, because the index of the video/audio stored at the very last part of the MKV.
MKV's might be modified to have the index at the start, but I don't think the devs think this would be a good idea.
(however, for us streamers, it would be a great idea)
(2012-11-04, 19:02)Skindred Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143005
I might just do a checkout of the latest branch and try to run a debug version again.

Excellent! There is a closed trac ticket about this http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6888.

Pneumatic 0.2.10
- Do not fail downloads when selecting "Just download" in "Downloading.." menu
Is anybody else's NZBMatrix Addon failing?

EDIT: Started Working Again! And thanks to Popeye for the update 0.2.10!
(2012-11-04, 20:18)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-04, 19:02)Skindred Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143005

Excellent! There is a closed trac ticket about this http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6888.

Pneumatic 0.2.10
- Do not fail downloads when selecting "Just download" in "Downloading.." menu

Say Popeye;

I just compiled the latest Frodo,
I downloaded a new episode of a random show,
downloaded the .rar and the .r25

Everthing played fine..

No need to edit any code, no need to create 0-byters.

Going to see what code was changed here.
(2012-11-05, 00:55)Skindred Wrote: [ -> ]Say Popeye;

I just compiled the latest Frodo,
I downloaded a new episode of a random show,
downloaded the .rar and the .r25

Everthing played fine..

No need to edit any code, no need to create 0-byters.

Going to see what code was changed here.

Cool! Will make things more stable in the future...

Even better news, I removed the .r25
And it seems the index for this mkv does reside in the .rar

The file plays and knows how long the episode is.

Seeking works, but only up till the point of the first missing rarfile.

No seeking past this missing rar.
Reaching this point also stopped my playback.

Another find (sadly) is that the rar that was missing when playback started,
is the part where XBMC stops playing, even if the missing file has already been downloaded by the time it reaches that point.

It seems XBMC still heavily relies on rar files to be present in order to get a good grip on where it can and cannot play.

More tests to follow later.
(2012-11-05, 02:35)Skindred Wrote: [ -> ]Even better news, I removed the .r25
And it seems the index for this mkv does reside in the .rar

The file plays and knows how long the episode is.

Seeking works, but only up till the point of the first missing rarfile.

No seeking past this missing rar.
Reaching this point also stopped my playback.

Another find (sadly) is that the rar that was missing when playback started,
is the part where XBMC stops playing, even if the missing file has already been downloaded by the time it reaches that point.

It seems XBMC still heavily relies on rar files to be present in order to get a good grip on where it can and cannot play.

More tests to follow later.

Great work!
Will things work as before if you have empty rar's?
Hey Popeye, love the add-in. Question though. I noticed that Pneumatic sometimes tells Sabnzbd to pause (I think this happens after I cancel a download). Then when I try to download something else, nothing happens because Sabnzbd is paused. Is there anyway to avoid this?
(2012-11-05, 17:43)lockdown571 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Popeye, love the add-in. Question though. I noticed that Pneumatic sometimes tells Sabnzbd to pause (I think this happens after I cancel a download). Then when I try to download something else, nothing happens because Sabnzbd is paused. Is there anyway to avoid this?

Well, it should only pause individual items to get them deleted properly. However, I noticed a logic error in the code where the whole queue would get paused if pneumatic fails to identify the nzb item in SAB's queue. Will fix this, thanks for the bug hunt Big Grin
(2012-11-05, 10:58)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-05, 02:35)Skindred Wrote: [ -> ]

Great work!
Will things work as before if you have empty rar's?

I tried this yesterday, and iirc it stopped playing at the part where the first rar was empty (I have 0-byte rars, not 88-byte headers).
Even if I paused when at content contained in .rar (first few minutes) then downloaded all missing files, and resumed,
it would still stop playing as soon as it reached the first rar that was missing before (eventhough by then it is already there).

Do you use 88-byte headers?

I used to create empty rar files about a year before Pneumatic existed, via a simple .bat
I did the same steps Pneumatic does automatically.

Download .rar and last archive,
stop download
sort files in download
create 0-bytes for the missing parts (used a selfmade .bat for this)
start playback
pause playback
resume download
resume playback
take out a bag of crisps and a bottle of soda
enjoy the streaming movie you only had to wait 5 minutes for, instead of the hour it takes to DL it.

Good times =)
I use 7byte rar header. Check the utils.py file. For linux I had to add the header, win didn't care.
Couldn't you try pneumatic and see if things work as they should :-D ?
(2012-11-05, 18:29)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-05, 17:43)lockdown571 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Popeye, love the add-in. Question though. I noticed that Pneumatic sometimes tells Sabnzbd to pause (I think this happens after I cancel a download). Then when I try to download something else, nothing happens because Sabnzbd is paused. Is there anyway to avoid this?

Well, it should only pause individual items to get them deleted properly. However, I noticed a logic error in the code where the whole queue would get paused if pneumatic fails to identify the nzb item in SAB's queue. Will fix this, thanks for the bug hunt Big Grin

Awesome! Keep up the good work Smile