Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Pneumatic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-12-03, 17:15)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-03, 16:45)akuiraz Wrote: [ -> ]@Popeye:
I had this issue some time ago, and like samfisher5986, my download speed was averaging 6-7MB/s... I found that I could remedy this by limiting sabnzbd's download rate to 2.0MB/s. The reason that this error is occuring is from the high download speed... because, by the time Pneumatic creates the fake rar files and removes them, sabnzbd has already had to rename the rars to say, 'episode.name.s01e01.part02.rar.1' due to the fact that their was already a file by the original name (your fake rar files). To sum it up, the creation/deletion of the fake rar's is too slow with speeds above 2.0MB/s... if there is any way to speed up that process, it could fix the problem without needing to limit my download speed...

Speed limiting shouldn't be needed and testing is always done with 8+ speeds. The line https://github.com/TsUPeR/xbmc-pneumatic...ils.py#L90 should be fixing the naming issue and it has been there for quite some time. Timing can be one cause... A good log file would be super helpful.

Sorry, I just looked at that files history to find when the change was made... and it was shortly after I had this issue and set my sabnzbd download rate limit at 2.0MB/s. At that time I never remebered got around to submitting the bug to you and eventually forgot all about it... at least until I read samfisher5986's post. Now I feel silly that I never checked to see if it was fixed, I could have been utilizing my full download speed... lol. Thanks!
(2012-12-03, 00:26)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-02, 19:48)johnlocke3333 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank for the release, this software is awesome.

I found what may be a bug, but I am not sure. To be honest, I don't quite understand how pneumatic communicates with sabnzbd but my understanding is that is_nzb_home is the important method. I believe that this is what happens, at least on my setup, because I have sabnzbd and pneumatic on the same machine.

1) Pneumatic figures out we are in add_url mode
2) Pneumatic passes along the url of the nzb to sabnzbd via the HTTP URL
3) sabnzbd responds with a sab_nzb_id.
4) Pneumatic can get status reports via the id received in step3 and no longer has to use the nzbname as the method of identification for commands to sabnzbd

Assuming step1-4 is roughly accurrate, then I think that there may be an issue on step 2. I have found that some nzbs with | or / do not work. Perhaps they need to be escaped? Unfortunately, I dont have a good logfile cut for you. Does that mean the debugging trail stops here?
Thanks! You are right in your assumptions Big Grin . With the latest update it should be fairly easy to get a decent log. Try your best and pm me. If you fail it's ok. The trouble is finding the right item in the queue. I guess showing a dialog where you can select the amongst the active is better than nothing....?

(2012-12-03, 01:00)johnlocke3333 Wrote: [ -> ]sent the pm, thanks

Please try the latest commit where I believe I have fixed your issue...
(2012-11-30, 12:26)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-30, 12:13)Niglooze Wrote: [ -> ]on eden

Very strange. What also is strange is the 94%, the icon and the text. The heading is "Pneumatic" but the rest I don't recognize as my stuff..
Hello Popeye,
I've installed Frodo beta2, cleaned my user directory, and it's ok now, so i think an other add on was interfering with pneumatic on the old install.
Sorry for disturbing Smile

(2012-12-04, 12:52)Niglooze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-30, 12:26)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-30, 12:13)Niglooze Wrote: [ -> ]on eden

Very strange. What also is strange is the 94%, the icon and the text. The heading is "Pneumatic" but the rest I don't recognize as my stuff..
Hello Popeye,
I've installed Frodo beta2, cleaned my user directory, and it's ok now, so i think an other add on was interfering with pneumatic on the old install.
Sorry for disturbing Smile

Excellent!

Right now I'm prepping the code Frodo and a few other features...

"The incomplete folder and its files of SABnzbd has to be read-writable by XBMC"

Sorry but can someone remind me of how to do this? I have XBMCbuntu, and SAB runs on a seperate headless Ubuntu server

Tried this in fstab but it doesn't work

//UBNTUSERVER/william/Downloads/incomplete /media/incomplete
(2012-12-05, 12:34)ferry Wrote: [ -> ]"The incomplete folder and its files of SABnzbd has to be read-writable by XBMC"

Sorry but can someone remind me of how to do this? I have XBMCbuntu, and SAB runs on a seperate headless Ubuntu server

First of all, do you have nfs running on your ubuntu server?
Secondly, your syntax is wrong. I dont remember on top of my head, but a quick google told me something like:
UBNTUSERVER:/home/users/william/Downloads/incomplete /media/incomplete nfs

If you want it really easy, try the frodo build I posted earlier where you can specify the nfs/smb share using xbmc's nfs/smb internal mounting. Also, I plan to get the next official release of pneumatic to work on frodo Big Grin
Just made a huge commit adding full support for using XBMC's built in smb and nfs access in Frodo. No more need for local SAB installation or nfs mounts of SAB's incomplete folder == Android ready Big Grin . I will do a few more fixes before release but feel free to try latest master zip. Remember to turn on logging if things don't work out.
(2012-12-05, 14:27)Popeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-05, 12:34)ferry Wrote: [ -> ]"The incomplete folder and its files of SABnzbd has to be read-writable by XBMC"

First of all, do you have nfs running on your ubuntu server?
Secondly, your syntax is wrong. I dont remember on top of my head, but a quick google told me something like:
UBNTUSERVER:/home/users/william/Downloads/incomplete /media/incomplete nfs

If you want it really easy, try the frodo build I posted earlier where you can specify the nfs/smb share using xbmc's nfs/smb internal mounting. Also, I plan to get the next official release of pneumatic to work on frodo Big Grin

Thanks Popeye, still struggling to get it to pick up the NFS incomplete share for sab, i'll maybe try installing frodo. BTW does that mean this should work easily on ATV2, the fact that we can now mount SMB shares?
(2012-12-06, 12:06)ferry Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Popeye, still struggling to get it to pick up the NFS incomplete share for sab, i'll maybe try installing frodo. BTW does that mean this should work easily on ATV2, the fact that we can now mount SMB shares?

Yes, ATV2 or anywhere you can install Frodo (tested and verified on Android)!

Straight from git , update will come soon if you have the repo installed.

So today, on both PC's, Newznab stopped working. Doesn't open, just give me script failed error. NZBmatrix add on still working so I know Pneumatic is still working as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for all your work.
(2012-12-08, 03:23)rcarr75 Wrote: [ -> ]So today, on both PC's, Newznab stopped working. Doesn't open, just give me script failed error. NZBmatrix add on still working so I know Pneumatic is still working as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for all your work.

Same thing has happened to me
(2012-12-08, 13:59)jurm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-08, 03:23)rcarr75 Wrote: [ -> ]So today, on both PC's, Newznab stopped working. Doesn't open, just give me script failed error. NZBmatrix add on still working so I know Pneumatic is still working as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for all your work.

Same thing has happened to me

You only have one site configured right? You can try deleting the contents of the plugin cache folder (.../path.to.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.newznab/cache) and then set the cache time to 0 in newznab settings.
My Newsnab is config'd for 2 sites. Only nzb.su gives script errors. NZB.org works fine.
Deleting the cache didn't work.
Can I PM a log?
(2012-12-08, 22:14)Dixon Butz Wrote: [ -> ]My Newsnab is config'd for 2 sites. Only Newsbin.su gives script errors. NZB.org works fine.
Deleting the cache didn't work.
Can I PM a log?

Please do.
I'm at work so I can't post a log but any solutions would be greatly appreciated. I was reading on NZB.su that they have change the way the authenticate requests due to programs like headphones or sickbeard. Could that be the culprit?