Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Library Missing Seasons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After adding a TV show to the library, only the first season is displayed. I am trying to view two shows that I have all the episodes for, Dexter and Star Trek The Next Generation, but the library is only showing the first season of both shows. I have five seasons of dexter and seven seasons of star trek. All other seasons are missing. I have followed all naming conventions outlined on the wiki. I am attempting to view the files over a mounted nfs share. Note:

xbmc version: 10.1
Distro: Arch Linux x86_64
Kernel: 2.6.37, 2.6.38
Install Method: Community repo (pacman) - http://www.archlinux.org/packages/commun...6_64/xbmc/ (http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/c...4/PKGBUILD)
Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hqfrm3bi

Additional notes:
  • This is a un-altered install. I have not done any settings changes other than the skin.
  • I can browse the files directly in xbmc.
  • This is also happening on the boxee box (as I understand, boxee is xbmc with social crap on top).

Is this a new bug? Two hours of searching the forums and trac turn up nothing useful.
How are you naming the shows? Something like Dexter.S02E13.avi? Folder structure?

Also, please pay attention to the options when you choose the folder content type. There are a few options that may generate problems. "Folder only contains one TV Show" or something like that comes to mind.

h.udo
hudo Wrote:How are you naming the shows? Something like Dexter.S02E13.avi? Folder structure?
  • /media/shows/Dexter/Season\ 1/Dexter - S01E01 - Dexter.mkv
  • /media/shows/Star Trek The Next Generation/Season 1/Star Trek The Next Generation - S01E01-02 - Encounter at Farpoint.mkv

I have also tried, with the same results:
  • /media/shows/Dexter/Dexter.S01E01.Dexter.mkv
  • /media/shows/Star Trek The Next Generation/Star.Trek.The.Next.Generation.S01E01-02.Encounter at Farpoint.mkv

As the log shows, the regex are matching. Something is happing after it is finished parsing the info for season 1. It doesn't do anything for the rest of the seasons.

The options I have chosen after adding the source directories to the library are the defaults.

My movie and music directories are getting added to the library just fine, as well as single season shows like BBC's Life.
Hummm.

Seems fine to me. I name the shows 'ShowName.SeasonEpisode.avi/mkv/whatever' and it works 100% of the times (I only watch popular shows).

/media/shows/Dexter/Season\ 1/Dexter - S01E01 - Dexter.mkv

Drop the second "Dexter". It doesn't need that.

/media/shows/Star Trek The Next Generation/Season 1/Star Trek The Next Generation - S01E01-02 - Encounter at Farpoint.mkv

Drop the episode title. Also not needed. Shouldn't harm, do.

If you can't figure it out, wait for dev's input.

h.udo
What is s07e177? Hint: There weren't 177 episodes in season 7.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:What is s07e177? Hint: There weren't 177 episodes in season 7.

And a solution has presented itself! Thank you very much! I had no idea that episode numbering starts from 1 in every season. I immediately looked on thetvdb and that is exactly how it is numbered, from 1 to 26 in season 7... I should have realized. When I created the mkvs' from the discs, I used the number of the episode from wikipedia.

So for anyone in the future, here is what worked:
  • /media/shows/Dexter/Season 1/Dexter - 1x01 - Dexter.mkv
  • /media/shows/Star Trek The Next Generation/Season 7/Star Trek The Next Generation - 7x01 - Descent (1).mkv

Now xbmc picks up all the episodes! Yay! You problably don't need the title information at the end of the filename, but I like it as I am a perfectionist.

Thanks again.