Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: can any skins allow new home menu item?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
So i have my movies, tv shows and music all scanned with media companion and working well,

Now i need to get my concerts, stand up comedy and national geographic documentaires onto xbmc,

i've tried various skins but all seem to have new home menu item for rss feeds or apps, i want a new home menu button called National Geographic for example, and have all my documentaries in there, but i cannot find a way of adding them,

is there any skins that can do this or is it not possibble with xbmc ?
Using a nightly XBMC build Alaska Revisited lets you add anything as a custom home item including Add-ons, Playlists (Music and Video) and anything you've added to your Favourites.
Thanks, so if i were to make a folder for example called
"N G" (national geographic)
make this folder a favourite, i could then make a new home button called N G and have it go direct to the "N G" folder, is that correct ?

then do the same for stand up comedy, kids shows etc?

If so then all i need to find out now is how to add folders to favourites,
I mean i know i can right click and click on add to favourites, but how do i add a folder just to favourites ?
i don't want my national geographics or stand ups or kids shows coming up in the movies list
do you know what i mean? hope this makes sense
The skin "Transparency!" also has the option to create custom home links to favorites

to add a folder to you favorites, you must first have it as a source. In your case, in video file mode add the folder for national geographic documentaires, now highlight that folder and press the context menu key or right click it. now select "add to favorites". As long as you dont select "set content" for this folder it wont show in you library.

now, in the skin of your choice simply add the custom menu (usually found in "skin settings")
and point it to the item in your favorites menu, simples

RBX
pretty sure that the newer Aeon Skins (Nox and the like) allow this as well
I use "Night" on my ATV1 because it has some of the nicer library modes but doesn't seem bog down my ATV1's limited processor like a few other skins I have tried do.

It also lets you add "favorites" as custom home menu items so I have both the Navi-X and Ice Films plug-ins added as prefered short cuts to non-Flash streaming content, for example. ATV1's suck at Flash.