Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: music library and scraper support needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone please clarify how the music library works together with a scraper.

I’m currently using the Last.fm scraper. Anything better out there?
I’m trying to add the album “New Favorite” by "Alison Krauss & Union Station" to the library.

The files are *.flac

The metadata fields used are
Artist Name: Alison Krauss & Union Station
Track Title: <<multiple values>> Let Me Touch….
Album Title: New Favorite
Date: 2001
Genre: Bluegrass
Album Artist: Alison Krauss & Union Station
Track Number: <<multiple values>>01;02;03;….

How does the scraper work??
If I’m doing an album search on last.fm for “New Favorite” I’ll get a ton of hits. Two of the first hits are correct. One lists the artist as “Alison Krauss” and the other one lists the artist as “Alison Krauss & Union Station”. However, the release date is wrong for both files.
Does the scraper actually verify the release date? If not, how is it possible that it doesn’t pick one of these hits??

I’ve tried all four possible combinations of Artist Name/Album Artist and the only one that worked was #4 below.

Artist Name: Alison Krauss

Album Artist: Alison Krauss

Artist Name: Alison Krauss

Same thing with “Raising Sand” by “Robert Plant & Alison Krauss”. Kind of sucks if I can’t put in the correct artist in. The artist information is correctly downloaded but the album art is not (unless I only uses Alison Krauss).

However, it works for “I Know Who Holds Tomorrow” by “Alison Krauss And The Cox Family”….
Artist Name: Alison Krauss And The Cox Family

Any ideas?