Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL Database Error on Nightlies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had originally posted in this thread, but I'm not sure if my problem relates to this thread or not, so I wanted to start a different one.

I just used the Windows update client to upgrade to a new nightly, so that I could take advantage of some JSON abilities for Trakt, as well as the thumbnail directory cleaner, and when I start up XBMC my library is missing. When I looked in the log, i had the following:

http://pastebin.com/4ds9NBUP

I then upgraded to the official nightly release (XBMCSetup-20110326-c749997-master.exe), and my library was still missing, so I obtained this log (which looks different to me:

http://pastebin.com/Tbnry5AX

I wasn't able to upgrade to any nightlies before 10.1 was released due to (what I think at least) is the same error.

I have MySQL workbench installed and have a limited understanding on what type of errors I am getting. Hopefully someone more experienced than me can help :-)

I am have temporarily downgraded to 10.1 so that my fiancee doesn't freak out when she tries to use xbmc and her TV shows are missing Eek
Anyone have any ideas on this? I didn't want to post a trac ticket if this isn't a bug, but I wanted to be sure
It's a known issue but feel free to file a bug report.
Thanks vdrfan, here is the ticket with my mysql database backup attached if required for testing.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11372
CC'd our very own mysql guy firnsy. Also had a quick chat with him about this issue on IRC.
awesome, thanks.

I messed around last night with the mysql database, but shockingly enough I have pretty much no idea what I am doing and I couldn't solve the issue on my own :-)
yeah i have the same problem, please post a fix should anyone know if there is one yet
Is this the same issue as what I am seeing? I totally deleted my MySQL DBs and attempted to start from scratch with the latest nightly build, and now I can't even get XBMC to connect to my MySQL DB at all.

Is there a nightly that's using the latest MySQL DB format working? I already updated my Apple TV 2 and OSX machine to the latest nightly so I'd hate to have to roll them all back. My windows machine is my host machine so it all starts there.

When I try and start XBMC now with a blank xbmc_video and MySQL turned on in advancedsettings, it's almost frozen and log just shows repeating errors connecting to the localhost MySQL server.
Download the latest nightly for windows (XBMCSetup-20110328-d6058ae-master) and it works like a charme.
Be sure to use the IP not the DNS / Server Name in the advancedsettings.xml
i tried the lastest nightly, and still no go.

my advanced settings looks like.

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.2.26</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

------------
the log repeats this..

21:28:43 T:7780 M:775577600 ERROR: Error attempting to update the database version!
21:28:43 T:7780 M:775573504 ERROR: Can't update the database xbmc_video from version 42 to 50
21:28:43 T:7780 M:775573504 ERROR: Unable to open database xbmc_video
21:28:43 T:7780 M:775573504 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database xbmc_video from version 42 to 50
21:28:43 T:7780 M:775573504 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)
I'm having the same issue on both my Windows install and on my Apple TV2. Both are using the most recent nightly build as of last night.
What happens when you try to connect?
TomPiXX Wrote:What happens when you try to connect?

I'm assuming this is directed at me? When I launch XBMC on my Windows box it launches but I don't get the option to view my Library in it. If I check the XBMC.log file, I see this over and over in it
Quote:13:54:51 T:4012 M:2638163968 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database xbmc_video from version 42 to 50
13:54:51 T:4012 M:2638163968 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1060)
Query: ALTER table settings add VerticalShift float
13:54:51 T:4012 M:2638163968 ERROR: Error attempting to update the database version!
13:54:51 T:4012 M:2638163968 ERROR: Can't update the database xbmc_video from version 42 to 50
13:54:51 T:4012 M:2638163968 ERROR: Unable to open database xbmc_video

On my atv2, I'm not actually able to launch XBMC as it just sits at a blank screen after the XBMC splash screen. The log file has the same error in it too.
bisk Wrote:I'm assuming this is directed at me? When I launch XBMC on my Windows box it launches but I don't get the option to view my Library in it. If I check the XBMC.log file, I see this over and over in it

On my atv2, I'm not actually able to launch XBMC as it just sits at a blank screen after the XBMC splash screen. The log file has the same error in it too.

I think he is talking to BDPNA, who is (now) having a different problem than the rest of us in that he can no longer connect to his newly created MySQL db.
just FYI for those who are having issues. I deleted and recreated my database using the charset latin1 and latin1_general_ci and now the nightlies are working fine for me.

Obviously the biggest pain is that I lost all of my watched flags, but easy enough to put back with a little time