Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Moving from SMB to NFS -> Library Issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be moving from SMB to NFS to connect to my media from my server. However, concerning the library, as the path is no longer valid in the mysql db (smb://...), would I need to re-scan all my media or will XBMC notice the change to NFS and update the strPath field appropriately? Can I manually change the strPath field?

Thanks.

EDIT: Found this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69039, looks like I will need to start from scratch with respect to the library...
Assuming you run 10.1, export your library to a single file/folder.

This will create an XML file plus export all your thumbs and fanart (video). Load up the XML file and go through and replace the old paths with the new one.

Your music it's better to rescan from scratch.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Just a tip for the future... mount your shares in the OS instead of in xbmc. That way if you change the network protocol it can be completely transparent to xbmc and you don't have to worry about this type of thing.
@jmarshall, thanks for the tip.

@gabbott, makes a lot of sense, thanks. guess I brought the sources files from my orignal xbox 1 configs running xbmc back in the good 'ol days.