Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DNLA Support: I just can not get it working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I hope someone could please help me!
I have a samsung le3c650 TV and want to watch my movies from my PC on the TV.

The PC has xbmc installed and works perfect for wathcing the movies on the PC.

When I browse on my TV to XBMC I see to folders, music and video but I can not browse into these folders.

I hope someone has a solution for this. On the PC is windows 7 running.

Many thanx!!!
I too had trouble viewing the DLNA shares from XBMC (greyed out).

Install TVersity on the PC, and choose the folders you wish to share, this should work.
junkiepilot Wrote:I too had trouble viewing the DLNA shares from XBMC (greyed out).

Install TVersity on the PC, and choose the folders you wish to share, this should work.

I do not have to install anything on the TV?
Does your TV require transcoding of video media to be able to watch it?
XBMC performs no transcoding.
sho Wrote:Does your TV require transcoding of video media to be able to watch it?
XBMC performs no transcoding.

I don't think so. I just can not walk through the directories Sad
XBMC will only stream titles that are in the library. Have you scanned your media into the library and enabled library mode?

JR
Yesm the movies and music are in the library. On the PC I am watching the movies which are in the library in XBMC
Install a different DLNA server on your media pc e.g TVersity or Twonky Media etc...
Thanx, I will try that!
junkiepilot Wrote:Install a different DLNA server on your media pc e.g TVersity or Twonky Media etc...

Have tried it but TVersity show really strangs files, lots of VIDEO_.... files for all DVD's on my library and also links to SRT files...

But oke, that's my problem with TVersity I guess... although some good tutorial or help would be appreciated (PM me... please) I need to show my wife I have bought a good TV... Smile
slingshot27 Wrote:Have tried it but TVersity show really strangs files, lots of VIDEO_.... files for all DVD's on my library and also links to SRT files...

But oke, that's my problem with TVersity I guess... although some good tutorial or help would be appreciated (PM me... please) I need to show my wife I have bought a good TV... Smile

http://tversity.com/support/ Big Grin
tcman47 Wrote:http://tversity.com/support/ Big Grin

You are right,... I will post my question there Smile
slingshot27 Wrote:Have tried it but TVersity show really strangs files, lots of VIDEO_.... files for all DVD's on my library and also links to SRT files...

Well... Video-Files which contain something like "VIDEO_" generally are known as VOB-Files which come directly from the dvd-stream. What file-format do you use? I suspect that your TV simply cannot play those files you have...
HenryFord Wrote:Well... Video-Files which contain something like "VIDEO_" generally are known as VOB-Files which come directly from the dvd-stream. What file-format do you use? I suspect that your TV simply cannot play those files you have...

It plays the files now Smile
I have the same problem with a samsung TV and streaming with XBMC, i see folders music and video, but I can not browse into these folders. already scanned media into the library and enabled library mode.
also using others DLNA server like serviio, samsung pc share manager, and windows media player 11 works ok with all my mkv/dvd files.
did you find the solution or just using other dlns server like tversity ?
Pages: 1 2