Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Acer Revo 3700 Windows 7 64bit 23.976 issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I recently got a Revo 3700 and I am running Windows 7 64bit with SP1 with XBMC as my media centre software. This is connected to my Onkyo TXSR308 which in turn connects to my Samsung LE40C654. I am using the latest Nvidia Drivers 266.58 but I am experiencing a high amount of dropped frames from all of my MKV's which are 23.976. I have experimented by turning on sync to display and tried the different audio sync methods but tend to get higher frame drops using this method. (which one should I use as a matter of interest)

I have used older drivers, I have tried making a custom resolution in nvidia control panel due to nvidias 23.976 issue which has been suggested on here and nvidia's forums but that still does not fix it and if going through the amp Windows says it is not supported by my display. If I miss out the amp then it accepts it but still have problems maintaining 0 dropped frames. I have noted that pulldown correction is pretty much at 24 for all material and drops to none from time to time,this sometime correlates to the frame drops but not always. I am using wireless 5ghz to connect to my server using a dongle but i have also tested files locally and still same results so I do not believe it is that.

If I run the whole thing at 60Hz it seems to run so much better than at 23.976 giving perhaps 1-5 dropped framed throughout. It does also run a little better avoiding the amp so maybe an issue with the Onkyo but I still get some.

Any suggestions of what else I can do as I am running out of ideas and all my material is at 23.976
crystalgipsy Wrote:Hi

I recently got a Revo 3700 and I am running Windows 7 64bit with SP1 with XBMC as my media centre software. This is connected to my Onkyo TXSR308 which in turn connects to my Samsung LE40C654. I am using the latest Nvidia Drivers 266.58 but I am experiencing a high amount of dropped frames from all of my MKV's which are 23.976. I have experimented by turning on sync to display and tried the different audio sync methods but tend to get higher frame drops using this method. (which one should I use as a matter of interest)

I have used older drivers, I have tried making a custom resolution in nvidia control panel due to nvidias 23.976 issue which has been suggested on here and nvidia's forums but that still does not fix it and if going through the amp Windows says it is not supported by my display. If I miss out the amp then it accepts it but still have problems maintaining 0 dropped frames. I have noted that pulldown correction is pretty much at 24 for all material and drops to none from time to time,this sometime correlates to the frame drops but not always. I am using wireless 5ghz to connect to my server using a dongle but i have also tested files locally and still same results so I do not believe it is that.

If I run the whole thing at 60Hz it seems to run so much better than at 23.976 giving perhaps 1-5 dropped framed throughout. It does also run a little better avoiding the amp so maybe an issue with the Onkyo but I still get some.

Any suggestions of what else I can do as I am running out of ideas and all my material is at 23.976

Perhaps obvious, but have you turned on hardware acceleration? I have your same setup running on a dedicated wireless N network at 5ghz and can stream 23.976 without issue.
tboooe Wrote:Perhaps obvious, but have you turned on hardware acceleration? I have your same setup running on a dedicated wireless N network at 5ghz and can stream 23.976 without issue.

Yes I have it on. Do you have all the same kit then?. If so what do you have for the video settings, what is your PC set to? Are you using hdmi audio?
Well I reverted back to the older drivers that are form the ACER website and it is much better but not perfect. In 60hz though it all plays perfectly with no dropped frames. I think I am sticking with this until Nvidia fix their driverss. My TV does a good job of removing the 3:2 pulldown so don't notice any telecine judder.
Try using WDDM drivers instead mate ... I know it sounds like a stupid idea (and it is really) but this fixed the issues with dropped frames on my Revo ..

See my thread ... (not that anyone replied)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96688