Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] AsRock 330HT No voices 5.1 HDMI Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Looking for the collective help of you XBMC gurus. I have searched but failed to find a solution so far!

I have been running XBMC on my AsRock 330HT for some time now without issue. When 10.1 came out I did a fresh install on my machine and now I'm having real difficulty configuring 5.1 sound over HDMI.

It seems I'm unable to hear the voice channel on anything I watch a DTS track with 5.1 sound or if I do hear any voices it's incredibly quiet!

I hear sounds on all the other channels except the voice/center one?

Here are some more details on my setup:
  • XBMC 10.1 Live Fresh Install
  • Linux XBMCDownstairs 2.6.32-29-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 11 19:00:09 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
  • AsRock 330HT running via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR607
  • Skin is OOTB Confluence
  • I have unmuted all channels in AlsaMixer
  • I have updated to the latest Nvidia Drivers

I have captured a debug log of the problem occurring:

http://pastebin.com/1ewdfN4r

I don't know where to go from here, so, if anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated as I have been madly trying to fix this for the past week or two!
Hi all,

Any ideas on what to look for to help troubleshoot this one?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Any help at all on this would be much appreciated XBMC gurus!
Hey,
Have same hardware platform, and was tired with issues on different xbmc-live distros until I found openelec. Go to openelec.tv and download RC5. All works out of the box, and it's starting amazingly fast.

--
Regards
Salata