Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best tool to download and add subtitles to mkv for library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

I love the OSD plugin so much, but it's a bit of a hassle to bring up the interface and choose a sub, I'd rather have it already available in the MKV if possible [if a fingerprint match is available, let's say]

Is there a utility to do this? If not whats the best utility to just download the subtitles for my library in a batch? And then to add them ?

thanks for any input
I second this.

If it is not possible to do it within XBMC, is there another tool, to do this for the hard drive to just select the languages you want to download all subtitles in?
What I do to save time in XBMC is select the option in subtitles addon to automatically download a synced one if available and I bind a key from my remote to the script via the XBMC.Runscript function. This goes relatively and does not require going through the interface and works flawless for tv shows
i have not found a program to download subtitles automatically with a more than 50% chance of being correct
brainzor Wrote:What I do to save time in XBMC is select the option in subtitles addon to automatically download a synced one if available and I bind a key from my remote to the script via the XBMC.Runscript function. This goes relatively and does not require going through the interface and works flawless for tv shows
i have not found a program to download subtitles automatically with a more than 50% chance of being correct

thanks for the tip, will give that a try Laugh
you could try "periscope" for batch subtitle download, you would need python installed, but once all is working you can do a nigthly search and have a working subtiltle next morning Big Grin (as long as one exists of course)