Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Syncing XBMC Across Computers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 3 main xbmc setups in the house. I have the library's all stored in one sql database. and i also have schedules setup to keep the thumbnails folder in sync across the 3 so my posters/fanart match across the board....

what i am realizing now is i really want everything in sync. i want skin settings and all to match. all of xbmc. is there any harm and would the way to do this be to sync the whole xbmc roaming folder?
C:\Users\thermos\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
I've tried this, you'll run into problems when the log file is being created. Basically you won't be able to run more than one instance of XBMC at a time because the other running instance will have a lock on the log file.

So you just need to go one directory down and sync the other folders (addons, cache, media, sounds, system and userdata).
ahh, gotcha. I'll sync everything but the logs then. Thanks!
Thermos: Have you tried this? Run into any issues?

I'm already syncing the Thumbnails directory between xmbc installations but I'd like to sync everything else too. This seems easy enough if it works.
Did you guys get this working? Is it possible to setup one installation of XBMC then have it basically propagate to the others?

I'm guessing the following paths need to be substituted:

special://masterprofile/
special://home/addons/
special://home/cache/
special://home/media/
special://home/sounds/
special://home/system/
special://home/userdata/ <= Is this not special://masterprofile ?

Sorry if I'm way off I'm in the beginning stages of testing this out, I would have thought that just pathing special://masterprofile to the main userdata would have solved most of this.